Cordless Circular Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless Circular Saw

Can you guys please give me your opinion on the Ridgid R885 MaxSelect Circular Saw? What do you guys think about the composite table....any warping or cracking issues? I ask because I’m currently looking for a Ridgid cordless saw that can be used with the Ridgid 18V lithium ion battery (No. R840091). Do you think the R885 would be the best choice or does Ridgid make another model that will work better with the battery that I previously mentioned? Thank you.

Re: Cordless Circular Saw

I have that saw and think it works great. I've only ever used it with the 24v batteries, though. It won't work as well with the 18v because it will turn at a slower rpm, but it should still do the job.

Comment

I think the X3 is a better choice. It is only sold @ HD in a kit but you should be able to snag on off of Ebay. The X3 out performs that one even when it has the 24v battery on it.

Comment

Originally posted by the_aerator View Post
        I think the X3 is a better choice. It is only sold @ HD in a kit but you should be able to snag on off of Ebay. The X3 out performs that one even when it has the 24v battery on it.

In what ways does the X3 outperform the 24V MaxSelect circular saw? I know that it turns at a higher RPM, but in what ways does it out perform the 24V saw? Just curious.

Comment

i have the max select saw and use 18 volt batteries and i have no complaints. works great for cutting studs, plates, plywood, i have used it for various projects, no problems

Comment

Working...
          X