Ridgid MS1290LZA Parts Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid MS1290LZA Parts Needed

I have a brand new Ridgid MS1290LZA sliding compound miter saw that has never been used. On the way home from the Home Depot it fell off of the back of the truck (while still in the box) at highway speed.
    I comprised a list of the parts needed, entered them onto the Ridgid parts order website and then got a price; roughly $625.00. That is more than what the saw costs. My local service center was about the same. I contacted Ridgid and they said I was S.O.L.
    I do not want to throw this saw out. Everything is still perfectly square, when plugged in works perfectly and needs a few parts (metal and plastic) replaced.
    Does anyone have this saw that no longer works and wants to sell two casted metal parts I need for salvage or knows where I can get them possibly from a dealer who has this as damaged frieght?
    The description and part numbers of the two metal pieces are;

Arm Guard Assembly 089100301003
    Base Assembly 830136

I will order the remainder of the parts from Ridgid.
    Thanks

Re: Ridgid MS1290LZA Parts Needed

i just got a email from ridgid and you can buy the saw new for 399.99 thru april 11th
    Last edited by washbear; 04-02-2009, 05:48 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Are you sure it is the same saw/model number? I know they have a 10" compound that is on sale.

Comment

yes i just checked the email again its the 12inch slider 399.99

Comment

Here is the ad:

Name:  c565771c464bc4f3771d986e3852e1ae.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  82.4 KB

Comment

Thanks, unfortunately I live in Canada and the saw is not on sale here locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Denali2007 View Post
              I have a brand new Ridgid MS1290LZA sliding compound miter saw that has never been used. On the way home from the Home Depot it fell off of the back of the truck (while still in the box) at highway speed.
              How did you pay for the saw? The same thing happened to my son in law a couple of months ago. The difference was that it was a wide screen HD TV. His wife told him that he should tie it down. He said that he didn't need to, the weight would keep it in the truck. It flew out at highway speeds. He went back to the store and loaded up another one because he paid for it on his credit card and had insurance on the credit card. He tied the second TV into the truck, and hasn't stopped hearing about from his wife....

Worth a shot.

Mick

Comment

bring it back and return it for another one.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

We were heading up to the cottage to do some work and the box was loaded up with lumber with the taligate open. The saw was place up against the cab and work its way to the back as we were driven down a bumpy gravel road.
                  I paid for it with my credit card and the credit card company will not cover "negligence".

Comment

Working...
                  X