X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job-Site Radio / Race Scanner R8408 Cat #30618

I was almost ready to get rid of my whole bosch 18V power set and buy all ridgid. I currently have the following bosch items. 3 drills, 1 jig saw, 1 circ saw, 1 sawsall, 1 dual bay charger and 1 job-site radio box. What convinced be to buy the bosch set was the radio. Some of the radio features are similar to ridgids. Rugged housing, 3.5 mm Auxiliary Audio Input, 12 V DC port, will run off of one of the batteries. What Ridgid doesn't have is a GFCI 4 gang power bay so you actually gain 3 plug instead of losing one and it will also charge a battery when it is plugged in. As soon as you unplug the radio, with the battery still inserted, the radio will automatically switch to the battery. As soon as the ridgid radio has these features I will be giving away my bosch set and replacing with the wonderful ridgid products. Hope someone from product development reads these forums.

Re: Job-Site Radio / Race Scanner R8408 Cat #30618

Wonder why milwaukee, ridgid, makita have no charger? Does bosch have cd player?

Comment

The unit has a cd player which also plays mp3 files from the disc. As soon as they make the change I will be selling my set

Comment

Originally posted by rockchopper View Post
        The unit has a cd player which also plays mp3 files from the disc. As soon as they make the change I will be selling my set
        Just curious, what is the reason, are you unhappy with your bosch set? I always hear good things of bosch.

Comment

FYI Bosch is the only manufacturer that can or will but a battery charger in their radios as they own the rights to the idea. Hate to break the news to you but I guess you will be keeping your Bosch tools for a long time.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by NailBanger View Post
            FYI Bosch is the only manufacturer that can or will but a battery charger in their radios as they own the rights to the idea. Hate to break the news to you but I guess you will be keeping your Bosch tools for a long time.

Bill
            Are Bosch and Dewalt owned by the same people? The dewalt radios also charge batteries.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

DeWALT has the patent on the radio charger combo. Bosch chose to license from DeWALT. Milwaukee & Ridgid could have also incorporated chargers into their radios, but chose not to pay the licensing and do without the charger.

Milwaukee has a new radio coming out in a few months that will be compatible with the newer M18 batteries. They're being tight lipped on whether it will charge batteries or not, but my gut tells me it will not. DeWALT's new radio / charger won't be here until Q4 and it will charge the new nano (XRP Lithium) batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by qadsan View Post
                DeWALT has the patent on the radio charger combo. Bosch chose to license from DeWALT. Milwaukee & Ridgid could have also incorporated chargers into their radios, but chose not to pay the licensing and do without the charger.

Milwaukee has a new radio coming out in a few months that will be compatible with the newer M18 batteries. They're being tight lipped on whether it will charge batteries or not, but my gut tells me it will not. DeWALT's new radio / charger won't be here until Q4 and it will charge the new nano (XRP Lithium) batteries.
                any other inside info on tools?

Comment

I have a DeWALT factory service center not too far from me. I stop by there every few weeks because they have a table in the center of their store where they put items for sale at close out pricing and many times they have stuff we use, including blades, bits, gear, etc. They told me the new radio / charger that charges the nano batteries will be here in Q4.

I voiced some compliments, complaints and ideas to Milwaukee late last year about their new M12 and M18 products we were trying out. I received responses from their tech support. But out of the blue a few weeks later, a VP from Milwaukee sales called me while I was on a ladder at a job site using their M12 driver. He called me a few times since then for various reasons and I was told their new job site radio would be here sometime next quarter, but he wouldn't leak anymore info about whether it would charge batteries or not.

Comment

[QUOTE=NailBanger;221703]FYI Bosch is the only manufacturer that can or will but a battery charger in their radios as they own the rights to the idea. Hate to break the news to you but I guess you will be keeping your Bosch tools for a long time.

Why put baseless information?? DeWault radios ALL charge batteries! People will tend to believe false info that you obviosley have NOT researched!!

Comment

Why make a response to a 3 year old thread? ?

It's kinda like a tree falling in the woods; there's probably nobody there to hear you.

The people you are directing your comments to haven't been active on the board in
                      over 2 years except for pesciwasp and MoJourneyman.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X