X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V Li-Ion Compatibility

I am sure this question has been asked before (sorry, I did not see any threads on it).

I have the R964 18V Kit, and looking at my options for other cordless tools to use with my batteries. I notice some current (and discontinued models) specifically state 18V Ni-Cad or 24V Li-Ion, which would seem to exclude my 18V Li-Ion batteries.

The two items I have been looking at are the WD2450 Cordless Vac on clearance at my HD, and the current R883 Jigsaw.

If this is true, that would mean that things like a cordless Jigsaw are not available for my batteries. Also, the Plan (R888) that comes free after rebate also has the same battery requirements, which seems odd since it is offered along with my kit.

Thanks

Chris

Re: 18V Li-Ion Compatibility

The tools you mention will work with your Lithium Ion batteries. No issue there.

Comment

Re: 18V Li-Ion Compatibility

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
      The tools you mention will work with your Lithium Ion batteries. No issue there.
      Thanks for the clarification.

It might not be a bad idea for Ridgid to update the website & literature, as I am sure many see that omission as an exclusion like I did, and just figure they can't use that tool.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X