Called ridgid aand yes you can.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Called ridgid aand yes you can.

Since everyone that looked at my post about batterys being used with other ridgid equipment and didnt know the compatability. Well yes you can use Li-Ion with Ni-cad power tools. I'm sorry that was such a hard question to ask you folks next time i wont post such a hard question. Hope you build better than you think.

Re: Called ridgid aand yes you can.

Welcome to the forum. Though it didn't happen for you this time, there is a lot of good information here. Please keep in mind it is possible the people that viewed your thread were either just passing by or may have honestly not known how to reply. I think your question did get answered in the thread. Your last comment is a little rough and it is those kinds of things that can derail good conversation. Glad to hear you got your question answered through customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by bwd111 View Post
      Since everyone that looked at my post about batterys being used with other ridgid equipment and didnt know the compatability. Well yes you can use Li-Ion with Ni-cad power tools. I'm sorry that was such a hard question to ask you folks next time i wont post such a hard question. Hope you build better than you think.
      Didn't read the original question, but I had a question about compatibility between tools and batteries. ProBrand answered it right away.

I will say that the website (and maybe literature), seems to exclude the 18V Li-Ion batteries on their list, even though they work fine.

I am going to put an email into Ridgid, to see if they can update their specs.

Chris

Comment

bwd111 you answered my question incorrectly - I believe you could cut a little slack here - or at least not get angry at others who are attemping to help.

Comment

Guys don't forget to use the search feature as well as this has been covered in the past. I see the first confirmation of compatibility was posted in January of 08. Sometimes the regulars on the site may pass over questions which have already been covered in the past.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by bwd111 View Post
            The first time I read you're post I couldn't understand what the "core" meant after the 84015 and I was having computer problems and couldn't access the Ridgid site.
            Now that I have accessed the Ridgid site and understand that you are refering to a Ridgid NiCad tool set with the Rapid Max dual charger I will suggest the following........
            1-All the tools will run fine using either the NiCad or LI-Ion batts.
            2-The Rapid Max twin charger was originally designed for use with the NiCad batts and only lists model numbers for NiCad batts on its plate. After a significant controversy on this forum Probrand posted a statement from Ridgid engineering that it was safe to charge LI batts on the Rapid Max twin charger. There have been several posts on this forum including some from me where we described "strange" charging cycles and light flashing when attempting to charge LI batts on the Rapid Max. I only charge my LI batts on the chargers which came with the LI tools and that list those batts on the charger serial number plate. I reserve use of the Rapid Max for all the NiCad batts. hope this is helpful....Ray

Comment

I get the best rises out of people. Glad to see i woke up all up.

Comment

The old "I wasn't really upset, I was just trying to get a reaction" ploy.

Well Done

Comment

Ahhhhh yea, I see it now. Worked it to perfection.

Comment

You didn't wake anyone up you were just acting like a 3 year old when the adults don't immediately give them what they want. The people on this site are very nice and really helpful to sensible people.

Comment

Working...
                    X