X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abrasive cut-off wheel

I just got a good buy on a used Ridgid CM14500 abrasive cut-off machine, but I do need a new wheel. Local Home Depots don't seem to stock the Ridgid replacement, so was wondering if anyone would care to recommend another brand of 14-inch, 1-inch arbor, 3900RPM wheel.

Thanks
    Last edited by vettman; 04-09-2009, 10:33 PM.

Re: abrasive cut-off wheel

I would think any name brand blade would do you well as long it is rated for the speed,

also check that is for the material you wanting to cut,
    (some are for masonry, a for runner or a low cost and IMO a poor preforming substitute for a diamond blade),
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll do some shopping this weekend at Lowes and/or Home Depot.

Comment

A few good brands for 14" abrasives you might want to checkout are United Abrasives (SAIT) or Diamond Products (Tyrolit). Diamond Products is another great Ohio tool company that actually shares a parking lot with Ridgid in Elyria, Ohio.
        Jay
        Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
        Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Thanks, Jay; sure hope I can keep it "American-made".

Comment

Any 14" metal blade will work, I use Carborundum Golds they last and last.
            http://www.abrasivesupply.com/Carbo_...el_p/07086.htm

Comment

Thanks to all who have responded; I bought a Hilti wheel today at Home Depot. It met all the Ridgid requirements for replacement wheel; we'll see how it performs, shortly.

Comment

BTW the factory for the Carbo wheels is in Worcester, MA.

Comment

Working...
                X