X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 Gal compressor kit with case

I just purchased the air tool kit with a compressor, 2 nail guns and a tool box.

I put the kit together and left if over night, I woke up in the morning to find the handle for the hose reel has fallen off and was on the floor. I noticed the plastic that hold the handle in place is very brittle, and the remaining pieces fell off when I touched them. The display model at the store was missing the handle as well, making me think this is something that affects all the models.

Has anyone found alternative ways of attaching the handle to the hose reel, I feel replacing the unit will only produce the same results.

Wojtek

Re: 2.5 Gal compressor kit with case

hey,
    I just bought this same kit. When I brought it home from the store and unpacked it, the handle was broke in the same spot! Must be a flaw. I went and exchange it for another one. Will have to be careful to keep the handle folded in. Other than that, how has yours' held up? I just did a bit of trim and it seemed to work pretty well, course that could be due to the nailer. Question, when the tank is full and the nailer not in use, does the tank pressure very slowly decrease?

Comment

generally speaking, i would think that a compressor, full of air and de-energized, should not lose pressure. if it does, i would suspect a leay fitting somewhere. just my $.02.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Just to update, The compressor works fine now. I either didn't have the regulator lock pushed in firmly enough OR there was some type of debris somewhere that worked itself out. All ok (for now!)

Comment

A co-worker of mine has that kit, but I cant seem to find it on Ridgid's site or on HD's site. Is it not listed or am I blind?
          Power Tool Blog - Power Tool Reviews

Comment

It is not listed on Ridgid's site or Homedepot's site, and no, you aren't blind! There is almost no info on it. I happen to stumble upon it at my local Homedepot and thought it would serve my purpose, never saw it before.

Comment

I was at my local HD today, and they don't even carry it.
              Power Tool Blog - Power Tool Reviews

Comment

Just to update once more,...the compressor started acting up again so I returned it. With two things wrong with it right off the bat, I had a bad feeling...Guess I got a bad one.

Comment

Working...
                X