X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lound sound with x2-R8415 18volt drill

Getting as lound sound when in high gear on x2 drill its a new drill. The noise happens only when I let off on the trigger and no noise when the trigger is being used. The noise is a clanking sound. This does not happen in slow gear. Is this drill in need of service? Is the sound because this is a drill /driver model
    Last edited by bwd111; 04-14-2009, 11:57 AM.

Re: Lound sound with x2-R8415 18volt drill

It is the spindle lock. It locks the spindle when changing bits. Both my Ridgid's make the same noise.

Comment

Does it make the sound only in high gear. Just as the drill is slowing down is when the sound is made. Its pretty loud just does sound smooth. Its a new drill never been used

Comment

The reason it does it in high gear is one, the gearing in the transmission, and two, it is turning faster so it makes the sound louder. Both of mine do the same thing but I was used to it as I had a DeWalt that also made the same noise.

Comment

Do a search for clacking. There is a thread about this and it talks about being worse in high gear. Actually there are several threads on this.

Comment

Working...
          X