X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herc-U-Lift issues with R4511

I'm having a hard time engaging the Herculift, i have to step on the pedals and lift to engage it.

I have re-assembled it twice with the same results.

Anybody else having problems with the herculift ?

Thanks
    AJ

Re: Herc-U-Lift issues with R4511

make sure the bolts that connect the lift to the leg brackets are not overtightened. this restricts the travel of the lift and decreases the leverage the lift can generate to raise the 500 lb saw.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

The bolt is not tightened, the instructions says to leave it loose.

Comment

Originally posted by ajacinto View Post
        I'm having a hard time engaging the Herculift, i have to step on the pedals and lift to engage it.

I have re-assembled it twice with the same results.

Anybody else having problems with the herculift ?

Thanks
        AJ
        Is the U-Bolt (for lack of a better term) that the latch grabs hold of adjusted properly? If it is not aligned with the latch properly you will have trouble getting it to grab and perhaps as you lift you are shifting the position slighly as the lifting mechanism reacts to the change in balance.

Mine does not always catch the first time but I have not re-adjusted it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by the_nite_owl View Post
          Is the U-Bolt (for lack of a better term) that the latch grabs hold of adjusted properly? If it is not aligned with the latch properly you will have trouble getting it to grab and perhaps as you lift you are shifting the position slighly as the lifting mechanism reacts to the change in balance.

Mine does not always catch the first time but I have not re-adjusted it yet.
          yeah, this is a big point.

Get on the ground and push down on the plate (to "lift" the R4511) and watch where the pedal mechanism engages (or doesnt) with the u-bolt. Then figure out if the u needs to go in towards the saw or out away from it, then adjust accordingly.

Getting down on the ground to watch it is key.....mine was "iffy" when I first assembled it but by doing this I was able to get it perfect.

Comment

Joining in the discussion late, but I have something to add...

When I first got my R4511, I too had to crawl down on the floor and adjust how far the U bolt stuck out so that it aligned with the catch. But even then, it didn't always catch well, and sometimes would disengage when I was trying to move the saw. The problem was that even when I pressed the plate all the way down, once the upper frame hits the lower frame, it won't go down any further. And when it was all the way down, the U bolt didn't quite fully engage with the catch. I finally solved the problem this past weekend by removing the U bolt and bending it a little (took a few blows with a hammer) and reinstalling it so the bend was up. Now the catch fully engages the U bolt.

Hope that helps anybody else who is having problems.

Comment

For those that are bottoming out and not quite latching to the U-Bolt (the hook with 4 bolts)... if you look very closely you may notice that the 2 holes the hook inserts into are NOT perfectly centered (vertical wise). Leave the hook in place on the bar... but remove the bar (the two bolts that connect the bar) and flip it 180 degrees. That very small 1/16th of an inch difference will fix your problem.

I almost resorted to bending the hook (like JayTalbott did) since everything was assembled correctly, but alas, those holes the U-bolt goes into may or may not be vertically centered (YMMV). If they are NOT centered, then you have a 50/50 chance of your herc-u-lift latching.
              Last edited by bvdon123; 01-26-2010, 12:44 AM.

Comment

When I had my 3650TS, I replaces the "loose bolts" with non threaded ones on the areas that they act as slide pins, the stock threaded ones hang up.

Comment

Working...
                X