Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best time of year to buy combo kits?

Originally posted by Gator Tim View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the same kit. What was the out the door price? Did you get the $75 off of a purchase of $300-$599 as the ad says?

I also saw this today...wonder if that means another free tool can be had in addition to the impact?

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/attachm...ns/m18-mir.pdf
    Since I bought the $199 Ridgid 10" miter saw at the same time, the purchase qualified for the $150 off. The $75 off for $300-$599 should work just the same, just make sure you get a coupon from one of the sign displays. Or you could ask an associate, the ones in the tool section should be carrying them.

As for the double dipping deal, I printed out the rebate form and I'll give it a shot. I read over the fine print and there wasn't anything specific mentioned about already getting a bonus tool. There is a possibly problematic clause in the fine print: "3. Participant also acknowledges that purchases made and submitted in connection with this program cannot be combined with any other rebate, offer, or other promotion, regardless of whether offered by Milwaukee or a Milwaukee authorized dealer."

I figure the worst they can do is not send me a tool. Only bad part is I have to wait 10-12 weeks to see if I get another tool or not.

Comment

Also, I should mention that I tried out the impact driver last night while building some pre-fab furniture from Staples. It's really powerful for its size, my finger slipped on the trigger when I was putting in a screw and it put a split into the particle board before I knew it.

Comment

Ya......nah. Can be used for such tasks but the smaller voltage tools might work better.

Comment

Use a drill for the small screws with the torque set low. The impact is great on screws and bolts, but has way too much power for cabinet type screws.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
            Ha,ha, I did exactly the same thing, couldn't make up my mind but went with the Milwakee instead of the Rigid, I got the 4 pc boxed and they gave me the driver off the display rack... $50 off the $499 and then the bonus driver then another $75 instant off...
            I charged one battery up fully and tried all the tools to make sure they run and was surprised at the torque of that driver...
            Have a good one...Tater...
            Are any of you guys upset that the Milwaukee 4pc set does not include the heavy duty hammerdrill? Instead they threw in the compact model. I think it's the only pro grade combo set Home Depot sells that does not include a hammerdrill.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
              Are any of you guys upset that the Milwaukee 4pc set does not include the heavy duty hammerdrill? Instead they threw in the compact model. I think it's the only pro grade combo set Home Depot sells that does not include a hammerdrill.
              Well for me I am not, but some might be, I have an older electric hammer drill that I use... I used it (110v elec.) today drilling into 2" into 4 day old 3000psi concrete for 1/4" x 2-1/4" lag screws and set the screws with the cordless drill...
              I actually think handiness is the the most of my use of cordless tools...
              But if you need them you need them...lol...
              Have a good one...Tater...

Comment

FYI, for those that were mentioning the Milwaukee 4 Tool Combo set at Home Depot, they have dropped the price to $349 through today or tomorrow (5/1). It also qualifies for the $75 tool deal they have going on through 5/6. And if you check Milwaukee's website, there is a rebate for a free tool. On top of that, there are still some of those Combo kits floating around that also include a free impact driver.

That means you can get the 4 tool combo kit, plus a free rebate tool for $275. And if you are really lucky, a free impact driver if you find one of the bonus sets. Awesome deal if you ask me. Those of you who bought at the $499 price a week ago should be able to go in and get a price adjustment.

Comment

Working...
                X