X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular Saw Blade suggestions for R885

I ended up with an R885 Circular Saw, and I am running 24V Li-Ion batteries. The stock 6 1/2" blade that came with it is OK, but doesn't leave a very clean cut (on plywood at least). As a result, I want to have a good assortment of blades.

Most of what I do, I care about the cleanness of the cut. I mostly use the "finished" plywood, poplar, cedar, oak, etc. Sometimes I will be cutting 2x4 and 4x4 where I dont care about the cleanness.

I noticed there are "Ripping" and "Framing" blades by some manufacturers, but I think I need something like "Finish" as well.

If you had to own a good assortment of blades for a tool like this, what would be your choices? I am willing to spend good money to get 3 or 4 blades to cover all my situations.

I know I saw a thread awhile back, where someone recommended a couple blades, but I just can't find it.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Circular Saw Blade suggestions for R885

If memory serves this saw comes with a 24 tooth blade which is a general purpose or framing blade. I added a Freud coated 40 tooth thin curf blade for fine cutting and 80 tooth blade for paneling.
    This saw binds very easily requiring a line to follow even when rip rough cutting. We have found the saw acceptable for 2X cross cuts. Long rips thicker than 1" are challenging. Plywood is limited to 3/4". Repeated binding will quickly activate the heat overload circuit in the battery and shut it down. We have found this saw to be a OK performer when used within the parameters of its limitations.
    Last edited by roadrashray; 04-21-2009, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Re: Circular Saw Blade suggestions for R885

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
      If memory serves this saw comes with a 24 tooth blade which is a general purpose or framing blade. I added a Freud coated 40 tooth thin curf blade for fine cutting and 80 tooth blade for paneling.
      This saw binds very easily requiring a line to follow even when rip rough cutting. We have found the saw acceptable for 2X cross cuts. Long rips thicker than 1" are challenging. Plywood is limited to 3/4". Repeated binding will quickly activate the heat overload circuit in the battery and shut it down. We have found this saw to be a OK performer when used within the parameters of its limitations.
      That's good info about the Freud. I tried searching a little on Amazon, and it looks like maybe the DeWalt combo pack of 1 framing and 1 ripping blade might be one good purchase. And the a Freud 40 and 80 tooth for the finish stuff.

Thanks

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X