problem with oil lube twin tank compressor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with oil lube twin tank compressor

Tanks pressure up when I plug an air hose in an outlet one pressure guage drops to 0 and no air is released into the line. I've barely used this compressor in the last year but it has been drained and there doesn't seem to be any water in the tanks. What gives?

Re: problem with oil lube twin tank compressor

sounds like you need to turn your regulator pressure up.

G3

Comment

Its maxed

Comment

I am thinking I have some debris in the manifold and its blocking air from feeding to the outlets. Has anyone tore down the manifold below the air preasure gauges?

Comment

You should use that LLSA Ridgid is so famous for.

Comment

'LLSA' excuse my ignorance what is this? This pertains in which way?

Comment

by chance have you backed the pressure all the way off to zero before??

the reason I ask is there is a washer on top of the spring (on most regulators anyway, not sure on this application) and I have seen the washer fall to the side and the adjusting screw is just going down into the center of the spring, or might have the spring completely compressed and jammed. I would pull the bonnet off of the pressure regulator.

Just a thought

G3

Comment

Making very sure you have 0 PSI pressure in the tanks by opening the drain valves and leaving them open, try removing the pressure regulator. Under good lighting and magnification, look into all ports. Do you see corrosion or anything that might be blocking air flow.

L L S A = limited lifetime service agreement

I doubt that would help in your case. Normally cleaning plugged up parts or air lines isn't a warranty issue.

With the regulator removed checked for clogged plumbing between the tank and the regulator. You can close the drain valves and run the air compressor a few seconds. Do you now have air flow? Could a valve be closed that you didn't see?

If you can do so please post the model of your air compressor.

Comment

OI50135W I will break it down at first light. I am forbidden from entering my garage after sundown if ya know what I mean..... Any special tools/tricks involved with disassembly of the regulator unit?

Comment

Compressors are NOT covered under the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement (LLSA). However, there is a 3-year warranty.

CWS

Comment

I am within the 3yr wnty but I don't believe it to be a serious problem. It runs fine charges the tank properly so if it something I can sort out without evoking the warranty I will try that first.

Comment

Finally tore the regulator down. The adjustment works perfectly the problem may be in the valve itself. Can't tell if it is frozen in place. I put it back together and still no air to the outlet. Can this part or the entire regulator assembly be obtained?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

yea you can get any aftermarket regulator and put it on. tell me if you take of the quick connect and turn on the compressor does air come out? you might have worn out the quick connect. iv done it plenty of times myself. stick a nail set in there and push the valve open in the quick connect see if you get any air. if not just replace the quick connect.

Comment

Working...
                            X