Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milwakee-Ridgid-DeWalt Cordless combo????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Milwakee-Ridgid-DeWalt Cordless combo????

Just went to Home Depot today in San Diego, and they even had a little sign up by the Milwaukee set. It is $349 - $75 for the Ultimate Power Deal = $274. It had the impact driver included, and of course the Milwaukee website shows that you can get a free tool. That is a great deal.

I am tempted to get a couple of these, but I like the 24V Ridgid kits I got, and like the Ridgid Lifetime battery warranty as opposed to the Milwaukee Limited Warranty (though it is very good compared to most others).

The only thing that bums me out is that the only impact driver that will work with my 24V batteries is apparently a stinker. So I use my extra full-size 1/2 hammer drill as a screw gun. Oh well.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by sumocomputers View Post
      The only thing that bums me out is that the only impact driver that will work with my 24V batteries is apparently a stinker. So I use my extra full-size 1/2 hammer drill as a screw gun. Oh well.

Chris
      Chris,

It really isn't that the impact is bad - it will certainly do it's share of work - it's that it isn't as good as some of the others. I have the 18 volt impact and for the really tough stuff, I use the NiCad batteries as they allow the tool to draw more current out of the battery at one time where the Lithium battery will shut down. I have the 24v lithiums for circ saw and the recip, but 18v stuff in everything else. Those NiCads will work so hard the tool and battery will be smoking hot, but everything will still work fine. That's one reason that some of the posters show that the 14.4v was faster than the MaxSelect - it ran on NiCad batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
        Chris,

It really isn't that the impact is bad - it will certainly do it's share of work - it's that it isn't as good as some of the others. I have the 18 volt impact and for the really tough stuff, I use the NiCad batteries as they allow the tool to draw more current out of the battery at one time where the Lithium battery will shut down. I have the 24v lithiums for circ saw and the recip, but 18v stuff in everything else. Those NiCads will work so hard the tool and battery will be smoking hot, but everything will still work fine. That's one reason that some of the posters show that the 14.4v was faster than the MaxSelect - it ran on NiCad batteries.
        I may look into finding one of the 24V impacts on eBay then. Using the 1/2 Hammer Drills are building muscles that I don't need.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
          Tater, Take your copy of the receipt to the HD store where you made your purchase and they can find your original purchase on their register machines and can pull that up and give you the refund - and a new adjusted receipt and, best of all, cash difference.
          My local HD still has the price at $449, so I guess I would have a hard time getting the cash back...
          Thanks and have a good one...Tater..

Comment

Originally posted by sumocomputers View Post
            I may look into finding one of the 24V impacts on eBay then. Using the 1/2 Hammer Drills are building muscles that I don't need.
            The local HD still has several of these, and I think the price was marked down to $79. It may be worth it to get it there just so you would have the LSA.

Comment

Working...
            X