Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwakee-Ridgid-DeWalt Cordless combo????

Dang, now I can't make up my pea brain which kit to go with... I guess all are good and the prices are near enough...
    #1-Milwakee 5pc (w/free driver) combo Lith-Ion 2691-24 @ $449 (HD)
    #2-Ridgid 5 pc combo Lith-Ion R963 @ $499 (HD)
    #3-DeWalt 4 pc combo XRP DCK450X @ $429 (Lowes)($499 @ HD)
    I would probably get the DeWalt if it was Lith-Ion but it is the only one that is not...
    I like the free LSA bit on the Ridgid, but I like the feel of the Milwakee but can't come up with the amperage on its batteries (all are 18V)...
    Are there any one of these combo kits to be sure and avoid????
    If so for what reason????

I was not going to go over $500 but almost did yesterday, but Lowes backed down on me...lol... I was looking at the DeWalt $429 4 pc kit and noticed that the one racked next to it had a lot more tools @ $549, but by mistake they had hung a $199 angle drill in the group... We went to get the boxed set and on the box was stated 6 pcs, I ask about the 7 pcs on the rack and they called and checked and it ($199 anglre drill) did not go with the kit... They even had it priced in the group but backed down...lol...

Thanks and have a good one...Tater...
    Last edited by Tater; 04-22-2009, 08:46 AM.

Re: Milwakee-Ridgid-DeWalt Cordless combo????

A friend of mine has the Milwaukee, and I have the Ridgid....but other than the Autoshift drill they have, their tools aren't great. Think I'm going to go to the Bosch - a little more pricey, but I know they're tough tools and they have two batteries that work in all their tools - pretty convenient!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Fix It View Post
      A friend of mine has the Milwaukee, and I have the Ridgid....but other than the Autoshift drill they have, their tools aren't great. Think I'm going to go to the Bosch - a little more pricey, but I know they're tough tools and they have two batteries that work in all their tools - pretty convenient!
      pffffffffffffffffft

I smoked a bosch drill once. They must suck

I've had a ridgid combo for many years now and they've taken a beating.

This post sounds like spam to me.

Comment

Don't forget the Makita LXT combo. HD has them PLUS Makita is running a free tool rebate offer thru June! I have the 2pc combo lxt211 and love it! They feel more comfortable than the Ridgid combo.

http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/...s/Default.aspx

I already submitted by rebate, getting a free cordless circular saw.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
          This post sounds like spam to me.
          Most of the stuff on this forum lately looks like spam of one kind or another. Someone will come on and complain about a tool and you'll never hear from them again. Why would someone go to the trouble of signing up if they were only going to post once, unless it WAS spam-like...?

Just as bad are the guys that have some "problem" and don't bother to search past threads before starting a new one.

"Help....my battery is defective..."

"Does Ridgid make any other 18 volt tools besides a drill??"

"What kind of tool combo should I buy?".....Ohh.....sorry... Heh.....Heh....kidding....
          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
            Just as bad are the guys that have some "problem" and don't bother to search past threads before starting a new one.
            "Help....my battery is defective..."
            "Does Ridgid make any other 18 volt tools besides a drill??"
            "What kind of tool combo should I buy?".....Ohh.....sorry... Heh.....Heh....kidding....
            tinmack;
            My problem was "I did search past threads" thats what caused my confusion...
            Have a good one...Tater...

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
              tinmack;
              My problem was "I did search past threads" thats what caused my confusion...
              my reference to spam was mr fixit.

Comment

Before you buy from HD go to amazon first.

Comment

Well I did buy yesterday at HD, bought the 4 pc Milwakee 2691-24 set at $449 and got the driver + $75 off... Had a hard time between it and the Ridgid 5 pc set w/free LSA, but decided at my age and it not being transferable, it did not mean that much...lol... But if they would have had a Ridgid tool useful to me for near $101 or over it took to put the $499 to or a bit over the $600 that would have given me the $150 instant rebate I would have went that route, but they didn't... I did also look at the Makita LXT...
                  Thanks and have a good one...Tater...

Comment

The Milwaukee M18 2691-24 Combo Kit is a great deal at HD right now. Compact Drill/Driver, recip, circular, and flashlight with 2 batteries. Most stores also have the boxes with the free impact driver in the box. On top of that, from Milwaukee's website, you can get a free tool (I'm getting the hammer drill) for purchasing that combo kit.

So, for $375 you get 5 real tools, the light, and 2 batteries. That is by far the best deal running or that I've seen over the last 2 years, including clearances.

Comment

Originally posted by Gator Tim View Post
                      The Milwaukee M18 2691-24 Combo Kit is a great deal at HD right now. Compact Drill/Driver, recip, circular, and flashlight with 2 batteries. Most stores also have the boxes with the free impact driver in the box. On top of that, from Milwaukee's website, you can get a free tool (I'm getting the hammer drill) for purchasing that combo kit. So, for $375 you get 5 real tools, the light, and 2 batteries. That is by far the best deal running or that I've seen over the last 2 years, including clearances.
                      Yep, I'm sending my bonus request for the 4-1/2" cut off/grinder in today...

Comment

I hate to post the same thing in two threads, but it is such a good deal, I want to make sure people catch it.

FYI, for those that were mentioning the Milwaukee 4 Tool Combo set at Home Depot, they have dropped the price to $349 through today or tomorrow (5/1). It also qualifies for the $75 tool deal they have going on through 5/6. And if you check Milwaukee's website, there is a rebate for a free tool. On top of that, there are still some of those Combo kits floating around that also include a free impact driver.

That means you can get the 4 tool combo kit, plus a free rebate tool for $275. And if you are really lucky, a free impact driver if you find one of the bonus sets. Awesome deal if you ask me. Those of you who bought at the $449 price a week ago should be able to go in and get a price adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by jcouvret View Post
                          Those of you who bought at the $449 price a week ago should be able to go in and get a price adjustment.
                          Don't know about others, but I sent my original receipt in to get the bonus tool...... I did photograph it though... Wonder if that would work......
                          [Edit] Well I went by our local HD (for other stuff) and the price was still the same $449...[End edit]
                          Last edited by Tater; 05-01-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            Don't know about others, but I sent my original receipt in to get the bonus tool...... I did photograph it though... Wonder if that would work......
                            [Edit] Well I went by our local HD (for other stuff) and the price was still the same $449...[End edit]
                            Tater,

Take your copy of the receipt to the HD store where you made your purchase and they can find your original purchase on their register machines and can pull that up and give you the refund - and a new adjusted receipt and, best of all, cash difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Gator Tim View Post
                              The Milwaukee M18 2691-24 Combo Kit is a great deal at HD right now. Compact Drill/Driver, recip, circular, and flashlight with 2 batteries. Most stores also have the boxes with the free impact driver in the box. On top of that, from Milwaukee's website, you can get a free tool (I'm getting the hammer drill) for purchasing that combo kit.

So, for $375 you get 5 real tools, the light, and 2 batteries. That is by far the best deal running or that I've seen over the last 2 years, including clearances.
                              I second that, purchased the set this week. I like the power level indicators on the Milwaukee batteries.

Comment

Working...
                              X