X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Great deal at Home Depot 30 % off

Finally got my R4511 saw today, plus some other neat stuff. I bought the saw a couple days ago for full price but didn't plan on picking up til today because I had heard about the sale and wanted to make sure I got one.

We have two stores here and they both had a display model and had only received one other saw since the displays had come in. The store in a small town west of here had 4 of them, go figure. Anyway I spent $750 before tax and got the saw for $427, a makita circular saw for $70, a porter cable router for $106, 5 hp ridgid vac for $56, ridgid orbital for $50 and a dewalt palm sander for $35. The best part is, it's all stuff I needed and can use. Lots of other good buys there but some other time.

It's good to feel like a kid in a candy store once in a while.

Wonder what the boys at Menards and Lowes are thinking right now

Re: Wow! Great deal at Home Depot 30 % off

I shoulda held off on buying the 3660!!!

Oh well. Good deal for everyone in the market.

Comment

I am also looking at getting a table saw & possibly compound miter saw (not necessarily Ridgid brand).

I have to keep in mind that even at 30% off, I still have to pay almost 10% tax (California), and transport the stuff to my house. I am currently comparing Amazon, with the following possible advantages:

1. Lower price in some cases
      2. No tax
      3. Free to the door shipping

So I am off to Home Depot to do some price comparison. Just something to keep in mind.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by sumocomputers View Post
        I am also looking at getting a table saw & possibly compound miter saw (not necessarily Ridgid brand).

I have to keep in mind that even at 30% off, I still have to pay almost 10% tax (California), and transport the stuff to my house. I am currently comparing Amazon, with the following possible advantages:

1. Lower price in some cases
        2. No tax
        3. Free to the door shipping

So I am off to Home Depot to do some price comparison. Just something to keep in mind.

Chris
        what is the promo, 30& off everything?

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
          what is the promo, 30& off everything?
          No I think its more of a "thats how the %-age worked out". The deal is actually

"$149-$299 $25 OFF Instantly
          $300-$599 $75 OFF Instantly
          $600-$999 $150 OFF Instantly
          $1000+ $300 OFF Instantly"

So if you buy 600.00 worth of stuff, and get 150.00 back, its actually 25% off. 30% off when you purchase 1K+

VERY good time to buy the R4511. Pneumatic fasteners are covered under this sale too, so get the R4511 and a pack of cheap nails to bring you over 600, then get 150 off. Saw ends up to be about 450+tax. Not quite sure if you could also use a 10% off competitor coupon to make the deal even sweeter.

If I hadnt bought my 3660 Id be all over this. Just dont think its worth losing $$$ on the 3660 and then trying to get a 4511. Then again thats what I said about going from my 2400 to my 3660!!!

Anyone want a very lightly used 3660?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
            No I think its more of a "thats how the %-age worked out". The deal is actually

"$149-$299 $25 OFF Instantly
            $300-$599 $75 OFF Instantly
            $600-$999 $150 OFF Instantly
            $1000+ $300 OFF Instantly"

So if you buy 600.00 worth of stuff, and get 150.00 back, its actually 25% off. 30% off when you purchase 1K+

VERY good time to buy the R4511. Pneumatic fasteners are covered under this sale too, so get the R4511 and a pack of cheap nails to bring you over 600, then get 150 off. Saw ends up to be about 450+tax. Not quite sure if you could also use a 10% off competitor coupon to make the deal even sweeter.

If I hadnt bought my 3660 Id be all over this. Just dont think its worth losing $$$ on the 3660 and then trying to get a 4511. Then again thats what I said about going from my 2400 to my 3660!!!

Anyone want a very lightly used 3660?
            If you haven't owned the 3660 longer than 90 days, you can take it back. Thats what I did, but I hadn't used it, in fact I hadn't even opened the box, just in case I decided to get the R4511 instead. I tried the 10% coupon on top of the 30 % deal, but no go.

Comment

Working...
            X