X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigid ts2424 question

I just bought a ts2424 recently and I've noticed a problem. On back of motor there are 3 wires hanging(2 white 1 brown). From what I've gathered there should be a capacitor in place here. Is this correct? If so does anyone know what type to purchase,I'm unable to locate parts for the motor itself only the whole thing. Motor number is 826187. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: rigid ts2424 question

tou might try these guys:

http://www.m-and-d.com/ridgid_parts.html
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I've been to that site and found several capacitors,just don't know which one I need. Can't check off existing part since it's was missing. Thanks for the feedback,I'll just keep checking

Comment

AFAIK, motor capacitor values just need to be in the general vicinity, not exact. You should be able to check a 3612, 2412, or Emerson made Craftsman saw motor for values to get you close.
        Last edited by hewood; 04-24-2009, 11:54 AM.

Comment

have you tired contacting ridgid technical support? it might be worth a shot.

Comment

In the Electricians Forum there is a thread asking the same question, different saw. Sorry, haven't figured how to post the link to that thread yet.

Comment

thanks for the input guys,will try service line later,office was closed last evening. I'll see if I can find an answer in the other thread also,thanks again for the help.

Comment

I tried Rigid service line,no luck,they say they don't use that motor anymore and don't have info on components of that motor. I'm I correct that this is a capacitor I'm looking for? A previous poster said to get one that is close,but I'm unsure what close would be for this motor.

Comment

save yourself a load of time and trouble. i would take the motor to an electric motor repair shop and either have them fix it or buy the part from them and repair it yourself. in our planned obsolescense society, anything as old as that motor is yesterday's news. you need professional asistance from someone who can actually fix something, as opposed to what most service people do which is replace old parts with new parts. it's time to start enjoying your saw. just mt $.02.

Comment

I think that is what I will do,it seems to be the best option. Thanks again for advice from everyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X