Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Looks Like I'm Screwed On My 14.4 Volts, Huh?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Like I'm Screwed On My 14.4 Volts, Huh?

Been a while since I've visited the forum. I just had an unpleasant revelation today.
    I have a pratically brand new 14.4V drill/drive and a brand new impact driver.

But I can no longer get batteries for them?????

Is Ridgid not going to provide support for tools that are still in service?

Say it isn't so?!?!?!

Re: Looks Like I'm Screwed On My 14.4 Volts, Huh?

Have you tried other Home Depots? I found two in a shopping cart marked 50% off, could have picked them up for roughly $30.00. You should be able to find the 14.4volt batteries, I know they were marked down a few onths ago and must be in some of the stores.

Comment

http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/130252003.html

Ridgid 14.4V 1.25Ah NiCd Battery

Model No. 130252003 CPO Price: $59.99 Sale Price: $47.99 You Save: $12.00 (20%)
      Availability: In stock.
      Shipping: $9.95 Product Rating

5 stars
      (2 Ratings)

Write a Review
      Read 2 Reviews

"Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

George

Do you have 14.4 Volt batteries now that a good rebuilding might get back into service, or do you need complete batteries with new cases? If a battery rebuilding would help, check BatteriesPlus and also do a search under (Power Tool Battery Rebuilding). If you're near or in a good size city try your Yellow Pages under "Batteries" and call up a few places.

Normally there are (12) sub C cells inside a 14.4 Volt Ni-Cad battery. The new cells must match the charger so take it along. Also, be sure to replace all of the cells and with the same number as per the original battery. You might have 11or 13 cells in it. Do not allow a rebuild with 10 or 14 cells or you'll blow your charger. What came it it from the factory is what must be put back in, but the brand of cells can be different as long as the designed charging rate and amp hour capacity are very close.

ToUtahNow posted a good link in case you need/want new battery packs. I would go that route if you can. That way you'll have proper cells for your charger. You won't have to take any chances on a poor quality rebuilding.

Mark, Thanks for that link. I bet it will help others looking for Ridgid battery packs.
        Last edited by Woussko; 04-26-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

i'm a little confused regarding the concern about battery availability. assuming the batteries that came with the tool(s) are less than 3 years old or have been registered for the LSA, all their failure would mean is ridgid repairing or replacing them for free. additional battery purchases that are not part of tool kits are not LSA eligible.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Can the 130252003 replace the 130254002 14.4V battery packs? They look very similar but I don't know for sure if they are interchangeable. I bought two battery packs and a double station charger with my R83015 1/2" drill and one has died, the other on it's way out. I should know better than to keep buying Ridgid tools. The tools are great but down the road you will regret it. No LLS papers came with the drill, so that's not an option. The drill works like new, but what good is it without the battery packs?

Comment

Originally posted by noteasy View Post
              Can the 130252003 replace the 130254002 14.4V battery packs? They look very similar but I don't know for sure if they are interchangeable. I bought two battery packs and a double station charger with my R83015 1/2" drill and one has died, the other on it's way out. I should know better than to keep buying Ridgid tools. The tools are great but down the road you will regret it. No LLS papers came with the drill, so that's not an option. The drill works like new, but what good is it without the battery packs?
              Suggestion: Since you did not fullfill the requirements of the LSA you can....
              1-Try to get the batts replaced under the three year warranty.
              2-Purchase new batts just like you would be doing if you had purchased any other brand of power tool.
              Last edited by roadrashray; 04-29-2009, 07:13 PM.

Comment

your batteries are still available, the 130252003 is a lower amp hour battery, 1.25ah, plenty of both in stock at ridgid, order from any dealer/service center

Comment

I have searched high and low for close to 6 months when the first unit failed to hold a charge. There seems to be quite a gap in some service areas, maybe need to drive further than I have been. I first checked at the Home Depot where I bought the unit and if they could order them they didn't mention that. The nearest service center is a not very funny joke so I have been trying to find them online.

Comment

Originally posted by noteasy View Post
                    I have searched high and low for close to 6 months when the first unit failed to hold a charge. There seems to be quite a gap in some service areas, maybe need to drive further than I have been. I first checked at the Home Depot where I bought the unit and if they could order them they didn't mention that. The nearest service center is a not very funny joke so I have been trying to find them online.
                    Yep.....Some people are beset with endless problems that are "noteasy" to solve.
                    1-I noticed from previous postings that this is the second Ridgid tool you have reported problems with and state that no LSA papers were included in the package when you purchased it. I have purchased at least 100 Ridgid tools in the last three years and don't remember a single case of the LSA card not being in the package.
                    2-Now you claim to have battery problems.
                    3-You claim that none of the Home Depot's around you have batteries.
                    4-You claim to have some kind of issue with the service centers around you.
                    I wanted to do a search for Home Depot's or Service Center's in your area, however you don't tell us what state you live in.........so you may have screwed yourself again, Huh?

Comment

Check out this website.
                      http://www.svcvacuum.com/ridgid/130252003.asp

Comment

Nice going, Hottrodd. Problem solved.

Comment

Check Amazon too. Same battery is $41, or the Max is $51. This is from an independent seller selling the items on Amazon.

Comment

Can I use 2.5 Ah Batts With My 3/8 R83001

Is it safe to use the 14.4V, 2.5Ah high-capacity batteries with the R83001 3/8" drill/driver in place of the standard capacity batts that came with it? I have max chargers that should work but I was wondering about the drill.

Thanks for all the tips. It has been a while since I visited the forums and I hope to start making time to hang out now and then.

Comment

Re: Can I use 2.5 Ah Batts With My 3/8 R83001

Originally posted by George View Post
                              Is it safe to use the 14.4V, 2.5Ah high-capacity batteries with the R83001 3/8" drill/driver in place of the standard capacity batts that came with it? I have max chargers that should work but I was wondering about the drill.

Thanks for all the tips. It has been a while since I visited the forums and I hope to start making time to hang out now and then.
                              George,

It's perfectly fine to use the higher ampere rated batteries in your drill. The only result you should see is a long runtime in using the tool. If your existing 14.4v is, let's say, 2ah and the new one is 2.5ah, you should see an increase in runtime due to the fact that the 2.5ah battery has more energy available for use. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X