Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R884 Reciprocating Saw: Can it Use 18v Li-Ion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R884 Reciprocating Saw: Can it Use 18v Li-Ion?

Just picked up an R884 18 v/24 v MaxSelect Reciprocating Saw. Looks like HD is closing them out.

In the Manual it says on page 17: "This tool will accept 24 V lithium-ion batteries or 18V nickel-cadmium batteries."

I was planning to get a drill with 18v lithium-ion battereies to also use in the saw.

So does this mean the saw will not work with 18v lithium-ion batteries?

Re: R884 Reciprocating Saw: Can it Use 18v Li-Ion?

"Works with both 24 volt and 18 volt battery systems"

My Ridgid 18V Lithium or Ni-cad batteries are compatible in all Max Select tools

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post

"Works with both 24 volt and 18 volt battery systems"

My Ridgid 18V Lithium or Ni-cad batteries are compatible in all Max Select tools
      I can't think of any reason why 18v Li-ion wouldn't work, I just didn't know why they didn't specifically say both 18v NiCad AND Li-ion would work, just saying the 18v NiCad would work, with no mention about 18v Li-ion.

Comment

Originally posted by petec View Post
        I can't think of any reason why 18v Li-ion wouldn't work, I just didn't know why they didn't specifically say both 18v NiCad AND Li-ion would work, just saying the 18v NiCad would work, with no mention about 18v Li-ion.
        Because when the manual was written there were no 18 volt lithium.
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
          Because when the manual was written there were no 18 volt lithium.
          Didn't think about that. Makes sense. Now I need to be on the lookout for an 18v Li-ion system deal to get additional batteries to power the saw. Or maybe I need to be looking for a 24v system, which gives better performance for the saw.

Comment

Originally posted by petec View Post
            Just picked up an R884 18 v/24 v MaxSelect Reciprocating Saw. Looks like HD is closing them out.

In the Manual it says on page 17: "This tool will accept 24 V lithium-ion batteries or 18V nickel-cadmium batteries."

I was planning to get a drill with 18v lithium-ion battereies to also use in the saw.

So does this mean the saw will not work with 18v lithium-ion batteries?
            It will work fine with them. A great tool - nothing but a great bringer of mass destruction!!!

Comment

Just noticed this review:

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/indus...78706&artnum=1

The Ridgid was the lowest rated. I haven't used it yet but I can see that bulkiness of the front grip might be bothersome.

Good thing I got a good deal on it.

Comment

Working...
              X