Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee Opens up a Can of Cordless Impact Wrench Whoopass

Check out this bad lad:

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ordless+System

3/4" 18V impact claiming 525 ft-lbs torque! Anyone believe the numbers? Otherwise this is sounding like SnapOn territory. The similar 1/2" units are rated at 450 ft-lbs.

Re: Milwaukee Opens up a Can of Cordless Impact Wrench Whoopass

Originally posted by Sceeter W Wheels View Post
    Check out this bad lad:

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ordless+System

3/4" 18V impact claiming 525 ft-lbs torque! Anyone believe the numbers? Otherwise this is sounding like SnapOn territory. The similar 1/2" units are rated at 450 ft-lbs.
    This is tested with a hard joint, as usual. I'd say 280-340 real value.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
      This is tested with a hard joint, as usual. I'd say 280-340 real value.
      What do you mean by tested with a hard joint?
      I would be pretty mad if I bought an impact wrench claiming 450ftlb and it turned out to be 280-340

Comment

I have the older 18v made in usa 1/2" and it kicks butt. I had 2 DeWalt electrics that would not budge my lugs on my f350, 155ft#'s, they were useless, returned both. The Milwaukee 18v, no problem. The DeWalt numbers are so inflated on those corded tools I doubt that the produce ove 100ft#'s. I use air tools mostly on trucks/cars but the cordless is nice for quick no setup use. These newer Milwaukee's are not made in the USA so I do not know.

Comment

Whoopass or not, the battery platform still sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
            Whoopass or not, the battery platform still sucks!
            It has its place. The Milwaukee 18v I have is a well made tool and performs as good as may air impacts, but is much heavier and it was free with a kit I bought years ago. I prefer air tools but say to remove the mower blade, I can easily do that no setup. I know many use them in autocross where there is no air source. They also are used by electrical pole work in the 7/16 QD drive. Extended work, not so good.
            The corded DeWalt was such a poor tool. I do not know about other corded brands or models.

Comment

I wouldn't expect any 18V impact to match the torque of a high-end air unit. But for most things, like changing tires, you don't need 1000 ft-lbs by a long shot. I think these will handle most bolts you would encounter in automotive work, at least that's what I've read from the reviews.

Comment

i think it would depend on the car newer smaller cars maybe but older cars usually have rusted blots that take a lot of force to knock loose and i wouldnt start to use it as a primary tool to work on trucks

Comment

Working...
                X