X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air compressor

I need a recommendation on an air compressor. I had a Porter Cable pancake type compressor, it lasted 4 yrs. I need a new one now. I want a light weight and kinda small one that will fit into a small job box. Any good buys on a website?
    Thanks, Tim

Re: Air compressor

all depends.... what is it exactly that you want to use it for?

Comment

I have the 2-gal version of this Craftsman 1-hp, lube unit:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...+%26+Inflators

I believe the compressor and drive motors are the same, but mine is a bit smaller (2 gal tank with compressor/motor sitting just behind the tank, both surrounded by a roll bar like hand. Very small and relatively lightweight.) I can't find the image, because it's currently on close-out.

It's great for running your nailer or inflating tires, but doesn't have the cfm for much more. Either unit is very quiet compared to the oil-less pancake types.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur96 View Post
        all depends.... what is it exactly that you want to use it for?
        Main use if doing air test on plumbing and gas lines. Need to be able to pump 100psi.

Comment

most will do 100psi its just how fast it gets you there thats the rub. if you have a whole building to test it may take an hour or more to pressurize all the lines with a small compressor. Also youll need it to maintain that pressure barring any leaks.

so my advise would be to look for one with at least 1 1/2 HP and in a size you can live with.

Comment

Hey... I want an wind powered air compressor . Can anyone provide me some information about it. Looking forward for your reply.
            Vacuum Systems | Industrial Pumps |Centrifugal Pumps

Comment

I'm not aware of any "wind powered" compressor. "Wind Power" may help you generate electricity which in turn might well drive a compressor, if it the current and voltage is ample enough.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by MarkhamCornoit View Post
                Hey... I want an wind powered air compressor . Can anyone provide me some information about it. Looking forward for your reply.
                Home

I do not know how much psi they will pump, there more for pond aeration and air lift pumping systems,
                or a air driven pump for water, to my understanding.

but for the original poster I do not think it will fit in a job box,

There was once a system that worked off the stroke of a water pumping wind mill that moved a cylinder, (it was for pond aeration, it was sold by O’Brock Windmill's). Home
                Last edited by BHD; 05-15-2012, 12:07 PM.
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                X