X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drill not spinning

Why is it that a DEWALT hammer drill ,DW 515, is not spinning , even though i have changed the switch ,checked the brushes for proper contact and checked the wiring and all seem well?

Re: drill not spinning

could be a number of things, I was check the cord for continuity, the switch and so on or it may have a brunt out motor, but it will just have to hunted down and figured out,

does it hum? I take it the motor does not turn is that correct, or just the spindle?
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I had already checked cord continuity and all wires continuity leading up to the brushes but still the armature does'nt hum nor turn.
      N.B someone was trying to fik it before me. Could it be that the wires are mixed up?
      Do you or anyone have a wiring diagram could uploaded?
      thanks in advance.

Comment

http://www.retrevo.com/s/Dewalt-DW51...23ag222/t/1-2/

basic manual but no diagrams or wiring schematic,

hook up the cord on the switch and use the meter to see if it hooked up correctly.

if it feeds power to the out put screws.

or by pass the switch and see if it run that way.

If not then my guess is there is some thing in the armature of the motor or in the field of the motor,some wire either disconnected or broke
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I have found out that the problem is an open Field coil.

thanks a lot!!!!!

Comment

I have found out that the problem is an open Field coil.
            Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

your welcome
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X