X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID XLi 24 Volt Lithium Ion Combo Kit

I purchased this combo kit when they first came out, and have had no problems with it at all. But I have never seen another kit since, is there a reason for no longer having the 24v tools. Also I do not own any of rigids 18v tools or know anyone that has one. Will the 18v Battery power my kit or am I SOL, and need to get a more widely used kit. Any info would be nice thanks.

Re: RIDGID XLi 24 Volt Lithium Ion Combo Kit

Well after doing a search in the forums i Have discovered that the kit was Discontinued, so that answers one question. On to the second part does anyone know if the 18V Battery wil power the tools, or is time for a backup kit?

Comment

Originally posted by nassis View Post
      Well after doing a search in the forums i Have discovered that the kit was Discontinued, so that answers one question. On to the second part does anyone know if the 18V Battery wil power the tools, or is time for a backup kit?
      I do not have the R931 kit/24V LXi but I own some MaxSelect power tools and power them with my 18V NiCad/Lithium batteries

(w/d vac, planer, caulk gun, jig saw)

Power any RIDGIDMaxSelectâ„¢ tool with any RIDGID 18V or 24V battery

Comment

The last time I checked you could still get new Ridgid 24V LI batts on EBay. The 18V batts are ok for some tools, however it has been my experiance that the circ saw, recip saw, and impact tool need the 24V batts for reasonable performance.
        Ray
        Last edited by roadrashray; 05-03-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
          The last time I checked you could still get new Ridgid 24V LI batts on EBay. The 18V batts are ok for some tools, however it has been my experiance that the circ saw, recip saw, and impact tool need the 24V batts for reasonable performance.
          Ray
          Agree with Ray on the need for the 24V LI for the circ, recip, impact, and the vac for those to really function at max 24 volts. Love the R86007 Compact Drill on the 18v with the compact LI batteries and have the 18v planer, 18v impact, 18v jig saw, and 18v X2 hammerdrill on the larger 18v NiCads and 3ah Lithium. Still think the 24v XLi was one heck of a set of tools and mixed with some of the dedicated smaller 18v stuff it makes a good set.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I went to HD and bought the planer and Vac,(clearence rack $59 for the planer and $30 for the Vac. As for batterys it hard to swallow paying a hundred for a battery mine are fine but I can never have to many. Next on the list would be another drill been hitting ebay trying to find one. Thanks again

Comment

If you are looking for a drill and a couple of batteries, my HD has a promotional kit (Autoshift drill, radio, fuego saw, 2 compact Li batteries, and charger) for $199. Yesterday you could have gotten $25 off with their Ultimate Power Deal. Too late today, but looks like a good priced kit if youy want a couple of the items.

Comment

Working...
              X