X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3660 router table mod

Sorry to bring this topic up again. I found many threads on this subject, but I cannot find the answer to my one lingering question.
    I, like many others, have a TS 3660. I want to mount a router table on the right side and have seen many posts and pictures here. My question is: I have been looking at different table tops and all seem to be 24"x32" (with some variations), but the opening from the front rail to the rear rail is 27". To any of you that installed one, did you have to modify the table you purchased? Did you find one that just fit? From all the pictures I've seen, there appears to be no gaps between the rails, so I'm trying to figure this out...

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Re: 3660 router table mod

Well..., although I didn't receive any feedback to my question, I went ahead and did what I was thinking. I didn't want to get rid of my Bosch table, so I made it work.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yours came out nice!! Whats interesting is that you might be able to dismount it at some point and use it as a truly portable router table.

As far as sizing goes, I think a lot of people make their own router extension. There are some pre-built alternatives, but not nearly as many as router tables for cabinet use.

I have a standalone cabinet right now that Id like to remove from my shop. It has a 24x32 BenchDog top on it, and Im currently pondering what youve done (cut the top down) or build a new top from scratch. Building from scratch allows me to sell the Bench Dog, but altering the Bench Dog allows me to get it done quicker. Not sure yet either way.

Comment

is there any bracing under the router table? could the weight of the table and cabinet cause the rails to bend?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          is there any bracing under the router table? could the weight of the table and cabinet cause the rails to bend?

There is on the back side. I have a piece of aluminum bar runnning from the bottom of the leg up to the rail itself. I still need to brace the front though.
          If you look closely in the first picture you can make out the brace on the lower right.

Comment

Working...
          X