gearbox for R83001 14.4v drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox for R83001 14.4v drill

I have a badly damaged drill chuck on my cordless drill(R83001) and I took it apart to try various methods to get it unstuck. At any rate, I stupidly didn't secure the end of the gearbox and it flew open and I dropped a bunch of gears. I think I got everything, but I want to make sure I have it right--is there a diagram for the gearbox available anywhere? It seems to be working but when I connect the motor's little gear it doesn't want to turn the 3 first gears in the gearbox. maybe it's just not pushed in far enough...

also is lightduty lithium grease okay for the gears?

Re: gearbox for R83001 14.4v drill

Lamp.....Welcome to the forum .Hyperlink for Ridgid 14.4V drill parts list and drawing.
    http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/CBBDB0C..._03_1_7_08.pdf

good luck...Ray

Comment

The parts list only shows the gearbox as a non-serviceable assembly and there is no breakdown that I am aware of for consumer servicing. You could check with a service center to see what they do, but I would assume at this point, you're probably not going to be convered by the LLSA.

Still, many service guys are pretty friendly and you may get their advice or offering for "paid" servicing.

CWS

Comment

thanks guys, I'll give that a shot.

Comment

Check your shifting ring. It maybe in backwards.

Comment

Working...
          X