Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Nails For Rigid 15g Angled Finish Nailer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Nails For Rigid 15g Angled Finish Nailer?

Hi! I am new here. Been a member here for only a few days. Been searching the forums and doing alot of reading. Looks like alot of great people and information here.

I have just purchased my first rigid tool. I bought the Rigid 15 Gauge Angled Finish Nailer.

My question is-----> What is the best quality brand of finish nails should I use with this Finish Nail Gun?

I know Paslode, Hitachi, Senco, & Bostitch have their own brands of nails for use with their nailers, but Rigid does not have their own brand of nails for use with their nailers. Wondering what all you experienced rigid nail gun users use with your rigid finish nail guns. What works best for you all?

Thanks

Billy

Re: Best Nails For Rigid 15g Angled Finish Nailer?

he and thats the 64000 Dollar Question. will it accept any of these brands? or will it only take ridgid nails?

AHH found this http://www.ridgid.com/ContentPages/f...stnerChart.pdf
    Last edited by Arthur96; 05-05-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Billy,

I have six of the Ridgid nailers but with the exception of the framing nailer they are all straight stock nails. However, I have had great success with Paslode and Hitachi nails in all of my Ridgid nailers. This doesn't exactly answer your question but it may help.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your help.

Comment

Senco.

Comment

Dido. Senco. I go to HD, cheaper than amazon, have them in galvanized[I never buy the bare nails which lowe's carries]
            NOT Bostich, the angle is wrong, they are not true nails , they are brads with 1/2 of the head missing, less strength, as they are glued together like clipped head style in the 16ga and 18ga, and not plastic strip collated.

Comment

Thanks guys! Looks like it will be strictly senco for my rigid 15g angled finish gun. Thanks to you all for your help.

All is very appreciated

Billy

Comment

Well looks like I had to go back on my word. LOL My local lowes & home depot, etc. didn't carry the senco nails in Galvanized 1 1/2" & 2" lengths.Or atleast they didn't have any in stock. Only ones I seen were senco 15 gauge regular brite finish nails. I wanted to get the Galvanized, that way I can use them for indoor or outdoor projects. After looking and comparing nails.... It appears to me that Hitachi 15 Gauge nails are pretty much identical to the senco nails. So thats what I purchased. Gonna try them out this afternoon. Will let you all know how well they do for me.

Andrew M. you are exactly right about those bostitch nails. They are nothing more that brad nails. Atleast that what they look like. They are not even close to being same gauge / size nails as the Senco or Hitachi nails.

Thanks again guys for all your imput. All is very appreciated!

Billy

Comment

Ok I have tried these hitachi 15 gauge angled finish nails out in my my Rigid 34 degree angled finish nailer. Tried 1 1/2" & 2" Galvanized nails. These things work great with this rigid nailer. Looks like I will be Hitachi nail user. Atleast I can purchase the Hitachi Galvanized nails in my Local stores. Could not find the Senco in Galvanized.

Thanks again guys for all your advice!

Billy

Comment

Working...
                  X