X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to replace motor on twin stack

I have a 5 gal. aluminum twin stack compressor. The motor burned out. I have the motor/stator/pump assembly removed from the compressor as a unit. Do I have to replace the whole thing or can I use the old pump assembly and a new motor? I can't figure out how the motor/stator come apart from the pump. I've removed the 4 long screws attaching the motor to the pump housing and it's still in there tight. Do I have to go in from the piston/cylinder and disconnect something? Any help with part names/numbers and dismantling advice would be great. By the way I know I can probably buy a new one for a little more than what the new motor might cost but I don't like throwing things away if I don't have to.

Re: Need to replace motor on twin stack

use your warranty and have it repaired free at any authorized ridgid repair facility. addresses for same are available here:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Technical-Services
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I don't think the warranty will cover my idiot employees leaving it running when the power supply to it wasn't adequate and letting it burn out. Any other options?

Comment

of course, it's your money, but why not let them tell you that it won't be covered, rather than assuming it won't be covered.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
        X