Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Rails

Fellows,

I have been eye-balling the RIDGID Cast Iron Table Saws, 3650 and 3660, for years. My local Home Depot had them on clearance a few months back and I didn't get one.

I've been looking and found a Home Depot that is close by that had a 3650 that was still in the box and marked on clearance for $399. The bad thing was that Box 2 with the rails was nowhere to be found and the front rail on the display was bent.

I have looked through the forums and saw that some folks have had success with getting rails from RIDGID or getting Home Depot to discount the saw enough to cover the cost of aftermarket rails.

I didn't have much success with dealing with the store manager over the phone, so I went back to the store on the last day of the Ultimate Power Deal. I scoured the store (again) with no sign of the rails. I asked the associate in the Tool Department if they would sell the saw without the second box and how much they would discount it for. The store manager was contacted by phone and they offered to take $99 off, bringing it to $300 and the Ultimate Power Deal would give me another $75 off, making the total $225.

I went ahead and purchased the saw at the Pro Desk so that they could hold it for me. I haven't picked it up yet, but I have been looking to find the best deal on rails.

I have had no success in getting a set of rails through RIDGID Customer Service. Three different representatives basically told me the same thing in that it was a discontinued item and was on clearance at Home Depot. I have Home Depot checking with the store's RIDGID Representative to see what they can get the second box (TH1025) for (this is the route that RIDGID suggested).

Does the second box have part of the Herc-U-Lift in it, or is it strictly the rails? I will need the lift to move the saw around my shed.

I can purchase the second box via online auction for $100 plus $25 shipping. This would bring the saw total to $350 plus tax, which is probably still a really good deal (although not as good as some that I have seen on this forum) on a saw that I like and will no longer be able to get.

Does anyone know of any good deals on aftermarket rails, or has someone installed aftermarket rails that would like to sell their RIDGID rails?

Has anyone seen a lone set of rails sitting in a Home Depot anywhere?

It looks like this second box is available through Ryobi as well, but the best deal that I have found so far is via the auction listing.

Your input and help is much appreciated.
    Acts 16:31

Re: TS3650 Rails

$100 for Box #2 is a reasonable price. And as you said your total cost is still very low. The 3650 is a great table saw. If you can get the 3650 rails still I would not myself have a problem with using them over a third party rail and fence system.

If you do go for another make, I would look at the Biesemeyer rail and fence system. You will pay more than you will for the RIDGID rails, but it is the industry standard. The RIDGID fence is in Box #1 I believe so you could sell that on eBay or elsewhere and recoup some of the difference.

Either way I don't think you can lose. I am still happy with my 3650 after almost 6 years. Even at full price for the money you can't beat it.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Here is a gentleman on another forum that is open to offers on his brand new set still in the box. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/v...p?do=ad&id=365

If you can't see the thread, PM me and I'll get the contact info for you. He's in North Carolina, not sure of the shipping??

Otherwise I would go with Bob's suggestion and pick up the box for $125. or upgrade to the Bies. Hunt CL and you might find a Bies, Delta or shop fox fence and rail system. I see them frequently here in NC.

Comment

I'd take a good look at the Delta T2 fence system in the $125-$175 range, and sell the stock fence to offset some of the cost. That's a tough fence to beat for value and function in this price range.

Comment

The Delta fence is a good alternative fence system... $150 at Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...9-32764-36-T30
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks for the input fellows.

I contacted the gentleman that Altima 3.5 had mentioned from another woodworking forum (the contact information was provided by PM). He had been sent an additional fence and the rail set (TH1025) by RIDGID in an attempt to correct alignment problems with his saw. He wound up returning his saw, leaving him with the extra parts sent by RIDGID.

He sold me the rails for $50 and I set up shipping for an additional $18 plus change (that is a long box making the shipping costs higher due to the dimensional weight).

So, I got the saw for $225 (plus $20+ in tax) and the rails for $50 (plus $18+ in shipping) for a grand total of just under $314.

The rails were delivered yesterday and I started assembling the saw last night (that's a job in itself).

I am glad to finally have one of these saws after looking at them for so many years. I think that I got a fairly good deal, though not as good as some, but I am still happy with it.

Thanks again Altima 3.5. Your information helped me out a great deal.
            Acts 16:31

Comment

Glad to help. Enjoy the new saw!

E-

Comment

Working...
              X