TS3660 loses power with blade lowered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 loses power with blade lowered

I just got a TS3660 table saw recently and I'm having a problem. I am making a partial cut through a molding with the blade lowered into the table to a height of approx. 5/16". At this height the motor seems to take extra time to spin up to full revs and it loses torque easily and stalls. The belt tension does not seem to be slacking off (it's not slipping), nor can I see anything else interfering with the cut.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: TS3660 loses power with blade lowered

Even though you say that all looks well with the belt tension I'd recommend you go through the motor mounting procedure again. In more case than not, that is where the problem lies when situations like you described have come up in the past.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

also, be sure the blade is at the correct height. according to Freud, the blade manufacturer, the top of the material should intersect the mid point of the blades carbide teeth so it "slices" through the material.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by HOVDEBO View Post
        I just got a TS3660 table saw recently and I'm having a problem. I am making a partial cut through a molding with the blade lowered into the table to a height of approx. 5/16". At this height the motor seems to take extra time to spin up to full revs and it loses torque easily and stalls. The belt tension does not seem to be slacking off (it's not slipping), nor can I see anything else interfering with the cut.

Anyone have any ideas?
        When my saw developed the same problem I needed to increase the belt tension, and it started working perfectly again. It seems to be a relatively common phenomenon that after the belt is broken in a little bit, you need to retension it.

Comment

Working...
        X