Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compound Saw Voltage Conversion

Hi,

I have a Delta Rockwell 10" compound cut off saw. I wanted to convert it to 115 V from 230 V. It says on the saw:

"This saw wired for 230 V operation. The 230 V plug tandem blade should be replaced with a 115 volt parallel blade plug for 115 volt operation."

Does this mean all I have to do is replace the plug? Would there not be some other changes that need to be made?

Thank you,
    James

Re: Compound Saw Voltage Conversion

The motor needs to be rewired as well. This is a simple procedure and is usually explained in the owners manual. The connections may also be listed inside the motor end cover.

Comment

they are just cautioning one that the plug need to be changed to the correct configuration if you change the wiring going to the motor so there is not the chance that one plugs it into the wrong voltage and burn up the motor,

(the plug type and the motor wiring needs to match)

220 volt wired motor needs a 220 volt plug

and if wired for 120 volt, the plug needs to be of 120 volt configuration.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

why would you want to reduce the voltage?

Comment

Working...
        X