Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Plate with Over Table Adjustment

Hello,

I just bought a ridgid router (waiting for it to be delivered) and I plan on making a router table for it. From research I know that the ridgid router will fit any plate that can take a Porter Cable 690. However most people are talking about drilling a hole in their plate so they can access the above the the table height adjustment. My question is does anyone know of a router plate that has that hole already drilled?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Re: Router Plate with Over Table Adjustment

MinorHero,

I don't know of a router table plate that is specifically made for the Ridgid 2900, complete with T-handle access hole.

However, drilling the access hole in the mounting plate that you purchased isn't a big deal, especially if you have a drill press. But, if you don't and only if you have a concern regarding how precise and vertically perpendicular you can drill; I'd look at getting a "drill-guide" for your hand-held drill. Sears, Rockler, Home Depot, as well as others offer similar products, here is Sears: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...rd=drill+guide

In any case, simple remove the clear acrylic baseplate from the base that you are going to use in the router table. Mount it to the plate, making sure that the orientation is correct. Then mark the T-handle access hole location to your new plate.

Remove the clear acrylic baseplate and then drill your hole. I made the hole the same diameter as the hole in the router's baseplate. You might have to clean off any burrs using a small round file.

That was about it.

I purchased one of Rockler's router table top assemblies, which includes the top, mounting plate, and fence assembly. I built my own table.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

It was not the answer I was hoping for but it was the answer I needed, thank you for your help.

I'm looking around now for a router plate. There are a couple of good competing offerings so now I just need to sift through the options .

Comment

Check out the Rockler offering. They have a nice, aluminum plate that is quite solid. They also list the compatibility for the Ridgid 2900... which is the same as the Porter-Cable 690.

I think if you compare the price on their Router table-top kit, you'd find it pretty hard to build one of that quality and price. They have three different table top assemblies. I went with the basic MDF top (1-1/4 inches thick). The kit includes the mounting plate, table top with T-channel, hardware, bit guard, and fence assembly. Here's a link: http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID=90

You can build your own table/leg assembly and simply mount the table top to it.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
        X