X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot Pressure washer AR pump?

I am looking for a good quality homeowner pressure washer. HD has last years Ridgid 3000 psi w/axial pump. Discounted cost $350.
    They also have this years model, same specs, same Subaru engine, but come with Cat Triplex pump - price $550.

Does anyone have an opiniom regarding the axial pump? I don't want a piece of junk. Is it worth spending 200 more for a Cat triplex?

What brand/quality does the Ridgid axial pump come with?

Thanks, JAcl

Re: Home Depot Pressure washer AR pump?

Well we all know axial cam pumps are a bit inferior to a good triplex (camshaft) pump based on efficiency. But AR makes some of the best pumps on the market and the axial pump you speak of is way better than the typical axial pump you see on $100-300 machines.

I know CAT supposedly makes really good pumps, but the type used on the 3000 and 3300 model is still considered medium duty at best. It's not a true commercial build pump. On the bright side of it.... the CAT pump on the new 3000 will probably outlast the AR axial design. But based on the specs it will not outperform it. If you think $350 is right around what you want to spend and don't plan on using the machine daily, then the discounted model will be great. If you wanted something to use daily I'd skip the 3000 and 3300 altogether and go with the largest thing HD has. Later!

Comment

Thanks very much! Good info. I will stick with the 3000 w/axial for the discounted price of $350.

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=24568&page=3

You should read this post.

Comment

Thanks Andrew///

Comment

i think it is very cheaper to get a 3000 w/axial for the discounted price of $350, my brother was having a friend at Boston general contractors who had a 3000 axial for sale, not sure of the price but it was of good condition, pm you if i get ant info of it

Comment

Working...
            X