X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Makita cordless drill

I bought a old house that had an new unopened makita cordless drill in it. The drill is a Makita 10 mm, model 60100 (Orange in Color). I tried to charge it but guess its too old and was never used. Can you still buy batteries or charges for this. It looks like one of the first cordless drills that was made. Is it considered a collectible item? Thanks for any help on this.

Bill

Re: Old Makita cordless drill

You can find batteries from Makita and from 3rd party manufacturers for almost any drill ever made. You just need to know what size battery it takes. It should say on the box or in the paperwork.

Comment

Bill

Can you post the numbers and a basic description of the battery? Some of their early models had installed Sub-C size Ni-Cad cells inside the case. A place such as Batteries Plus could take it apart and install new cells. A good power tool repair shop should be able to do the same. You may not like the cost to repair this drill however.

If the battery is easy to remove, please post any numbers on it. Many of the older removable Makita batteries are still being made.

Comment

I already check in many big shopping websites and cannot find the 60100 type.. Very rare ..
        rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Looks like this?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

Comment

The Make is Makita, 10 MM cordless drill, model number 60100, serial number 36588E. The drill is orange in color.

Comment

Originally posted by willbo View Post
              The Make is Makita, 10 MM cordless drill, model number 60100, serial number 36588E. The drill is orange in color.
              thanks, I read the original post. Can you please post a picture of the batteries you have?

Comment

Is the battery removable? If I remember the orange series does go back and some of their drills had Ni-Cad cells inside the drill case. You had to remove screws and open up the two halves. If that's what you have, try to find a place like Batteries Plus in your area. They can install replacement Ni-Cad cells.

It's your choice if you want to spend money on this drill or if you would rather go for a new one.

Pictures of the drill would be helpful. Same for the battery if it is removable.

Is there any chance your battery is like one of these?
                http://shop.chapmanelectric.com/cord...240_11243.html
                Last edited by Woussko; 06-10-2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X