Has this happened to anybody else? I got the drill from a buddy, and he wanted to toss it in the garbage because it had fried both batteries. Which is quite understandable since a 2 pack costs 130 dollars and a single battery costs 100. Regardless, I was quite happy to get it. I managed to find the 2 pack on sale, so i had a great drill ( Ridgid x2. 18v hammer drill) for cheap...or so i thought. Charged both batteries tried them on the drill, drill workd fine. tried to use it and it just stopped.....thought that perhaps the charge died. Tried the other battery, The drill worked for a minute then stopped. I smelled the batteries and they have a slight burnt smell. I'm guessing they are both shorted out. Is the drill Frying the batteries? or is it something else? The batteries perhaps?
No announcement yet.
I think my drill is frying batteries.