X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Saw With Dull Blade

Bought a brand new MS1290LZA 12" sliding compound miter saw and the blade is dull. This saw is new right out of the box.

Re: New Saw With Dull Blade

Originally posted by 91nitro View Post
    Bought a brand new MS1290LZA 12" sliding compound miter saw and the blade is dull. This saw is new right out of the box.
    Bummer, however "no worries mate", the beauty of HD is you can return the saw and exchange for another or get a refund.

Comment

A brand new "Dull Blade" is a collector's item, but I don't want it. As stated before I would just exchange the tool for another. You will need to pack up your's and take it all back for an exchange at The Home Depot. Could it be the blade is incorrectly installed and is spinning backwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
        A brand new "Dull Blade" is a collector's item, but I don't want it. As stated before I would just exchange the tool for another. You will need to pack up your's and take it all back for an exchange at The Home Depot. Could it be the blade is incorrectly installed and is spinning backwards?
        Great idea on the backward blade!! Once uppon a time I didn't realize I had installed a blade backwards in a circ saw until the smell of burning wood gave it away.

Comment

You might be able to talk a manager into just a blade exchange if you don't want to pack up the whole saw. You could also probably have the blade sharpened for ~ $20, or buy a new one for $30+.

Comment

"New out of the Box" does not guarantee someone was not there before you and switched blades! A couple years ago I bought a brand new in the package chainsaw chain, when I opened it up at home I discovered the chain was used. Some people will go to extremes. I wonder if that is what happened in your case?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              "New out of the Box" does not guarantee someone was not there before you and switched blades! A couple years ago I bought a brand new in the package chainsaw chain, when I opened it up at home I discovered the chain was used. Some people will go to extremes. I wonder if that is what happened in your case?
              That could have happened and normally a good look will show rubbing and wear marks on a circular saw blade once used. Anymore anything could have happened.
              Last edited by Woussko; 01-03-2010, 12:38 AM.

Comment

The blade is on the the correct way and brand new. I tripped a breaker today trying to cut a piece of oak (27/8" x 3/4") There was a lot smoke.
                I'm going to make a video and put it on Youtube for you to see.

Just to let you know...I built my own home from scratch and know tools. This
                is my second mitre saw, from which I have cut a lot of hardwood.

Comment

Originally posted by 91nitro View Post
                  The blade is on the the correct way and brand new. I tripped a breaker today trying to cut a piece of oak (27/8" x 3/4") There was a lot smoke.
                  I'm going to make a video and put it on Youtube for you to see.

Just to let you know...I built my own home from scratch and know tools. This
                  is my second mitre saw, from which I have cut a lot of hardwood.
                  Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't really think someone would go to all that trouble, but you never know. I wonder how a blade gets through production without the sharpening process? Good luck getting the problem resolved.

Comment

Please don't take this the wrong way but just to make sure you are pulling the blade out, plunging into the wood and then pushing the blade back to the fence to finish your cut right? I know you said you have used a miter saw before but you didn't say if it was a slider or not.

Comment

Thanks Ray.....my mother raised a dummy.
                      The blade is still weak at best though and I bought a different brand.

Comment

In response to your dull blade situation, every now and then a dull blade seems to get through the inspection process. I'm not sure if its an employee at the plant having some fun or what, but getting the blade exchanged will be easy just inconvienent.
                        As for the mitre saw, it is every bit as good as any other big name if not better. I have found my saw to be extremely robust and accurate, bearing in mind everything has a limit, just keep it well maintained and frequently check your angle indexs for trueness.

Comment

Working...
                        X