X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 packing frame

I used the packing frame to make a coffee table for my deck. I cut the legs down and used plywood and tile for the top.
    Attached Files

Re: R4511 packing frame

Nice work on the new table!

Comment

Attaboy, a great example of frugal woodworking,
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

That is a very good looking table
        rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

I put mine on the sidewalk with a sign that said free, 3 days later someone took it, said they were going to put a tv on it. I felt bad for his wife.

Comment

I put mine out in our annual bulk trash pickup. It was gone about 10 minutes later (people drive around picking up tons of scrap metal and turn it in for $$$.....not worth the time and effort for my small scraps, but during bulk pickup time there is plenty to go around!)

I did use it as a platform for a paver saw while I was working on a retaining wall. Did come in handy that time.

Comment

that actually looks just like my outdoor table with a wire mesh top.

cool project.

Comment

Great looking table, My wife will be happy to know someone else is to blame for this project I'm about to take on.
                Jeff

Comment

Mine is now a lumber scrap storage bin. I put some cheap casters on the bottom of it. Works great.....

Comment

Great idea's. I still have mine, my mind just keeps thinking of the things I can make out of it.

Charles
                    Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                      I used the packing frame to make a coffee table for my deck. I cut the legs down and used plywood and tile for the top.
                      That's a good-looking table you got there.

Funny you should mention it... My wife saw the frame sitting in the garage for a couple of days and then decided she would turn it into a table for the back patio. I was already making my own plans for the frame, but decided it was a good trade off since she didn't balk too hard when I approached her about buying the saw.

Take care.

Rick
                      Last edited by Rick523; 10-08-2009, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        I just finished using the r4511 packing base for the dp1550 drill press base. After seeing this table I might have to incorporate the packing frame into the Drill Press base as well. I know it will bolt right on. It's been a year but for some reason the frame is still sitting in the garage. (Not due to lazyness.) Cheap maybe, for I knew there would be a use for it someday.

Comment

Working...
                        X