X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer tables not coplaner

I have been having problems getting straight joints so I thought I would go through the tune up procedure for the JP06101. The first thing I checked was I placed a straigt edge across the tables, and raised the infeed until it touched. The problem is it is only touching at the far end of table and is like 2mm off just before the blade. I haven't adjusted anything yet, since the manual doesn't say anything on how to adjust this alignment, and it may not even be possible. Thanks let me know.
    CP

Re: Jointer tables not coplaner

Are you sure the level is flat? You really need a good straight edge to measure things like this. I did the same thing trying to check my tablesaw and kept getting results like you until I realized it was my level.

Comment

woodnetforum.net had a great post on this. Try searching the powertool forum. When I have more time I will post the link. That level is a top quality , I doubt that is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dockrey View Post
        Are you sure the level is flat? You really need a good straight edge to measure things like this. I did the same thing trying to check my tablesaw and kept getting results like you until I realized it was my level.
        If he rotates the level up-side down, would he get the opposite reading if it was a bad level? Convex Vs. Concave

Comment

Here is a post from our site that deals with your issue

Comment

Working...
          X