Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really cheap angle grinder... so what's wrong with it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Really cheap angle grinder... so what's wrong with it?

Yes, buy use it for the project throw it away heck buy two.

Consider it a supply rather than a tool if that helps.

Comment

Harbor Freight stuff I try to avoid,,,the drill press I bought there,,the chuck falls out,,,the bar clamps do not clamp, drill bits brittle and break,,,,the only thing that has not given problems were the tube type little tires I used for pull behind tool cart I made. Grinders I think you cannot go wrong with Makita!

Comment

I purchased a diamond cutoff blade for my 4 1/2 inch angle grinder and find that it is an excellant tool for cutting tile, cement block and other masonery products. If you need to trim bathroom tile in place for adding towel racks, soap dishes, etc. it is an excellant tool for making these kind of cuts. I had to redo some concrete block supports for a porch in our mountain place and used the diamond blade to cut the old mortar joints out of the blocks during demolition. This is one of the most useful tools I have purchased lately.

Comment

I have been using my 10" SCMS from HF for about 6 years now without a problem. Those little grinders do a fine job and when they do wear out you can replace it cheaply. I use a lot of stuff from HF.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

i have 4 of these. you can find the blue or orange case ones on sale for 10 bucks all the time. each one of mine as a different attachment on them. i love them. i have also owned every brand HD sells and these all seem to last about the same under heavy use. any time they go on sale i pick one or two up just so i have one. if you use them every day they will die, but so will all others LOL

Comment

Working...
            X