X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 24V tools

Hi, Does anyone know why the 24V tools have been dropped? I have several tools that are about 3 years old And have had two battery failures ( covered by lifetime warranty after much time and hassle through HD) is this a design fault and the reason thy are discontinuing them? Other than the batteries I love the tools and use them in place of corded tools. Thanks, Archie

Re: Ridgid 24V tools

Originally posted by archglo18 View Post
    Hi, Does anyone know why the 24V tools have been dropped? I have several tools that are about 3 years old And have had two battery failures ( covered by lifetime warranty after much time and hassle through HD) is this a design fault and the reason thy are discontinuing them? Other than the batteries I love the tools and use them in place of corded tools. Thanks, Archie
    Archie.....Welcome to the forum. I don't know why the 24V tool line was dropped, however would guess that Ridgid saw much greater sales and profit potential by concentrating on the 18V line. The same situation looks possible with Milwaukee and their 28V line, and Makita, DeWalt, and Bosch with their respective higher voltage tools.
    Noted that you list hassles replacing batteries through "HD". The required process for tool repair or replacement after the first 90 days is by contacting a Ridgid authorized service center. A search of this forum will demonstrate that attempting to force HD to act as a service center is usually very frustrating for the customer, as you have apparently learned first hand.
    Hopefully your future experience with the Ridgid 24V tools will be as positive as most of us.......Ray
    Last edited by roadrashray; 05-31-2009, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Try this link and call up a few service centers. Before calling be sure you have one of your batteries handy so you can give them the info off of it.
      http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp...enters&Code=PT

Comment

Thanks for the responses. The second battery that I had replaced was from a relatively close service center (about 30 miles away) and other than traveling the 30 miles and having to wait about a month for them to be available it was painless. Does anyone know if the closeout tools will be covered by the lifetime warranty? I bought the planer recently from HD and submitted the warranty info. I'm also considering purchasing the vacuum anyone have any experience with these? Archie

Comment

I have the 4 piece MaxSelect kit and 2 vacuums. The vacuums are the only ones that haven't been to the service center yet. If you want one of my vacuums send me a PM.

Bill

Comment

Close-out/Clearance items are covered by the LLSA provided you have the receipt from HD to enable you to register them.

Comment

+1. all my tools, even the ones i paid $.01, are registered under the LSA. there is nothing, to my knowledge, in the LSA that indicates it's applicability is price sensitive.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

There is a HD clearance center here in Atlanta and they have tons of the vacuums for 29.00

Comment

I think the 18V is more popular than 24v.. that's why..
                  rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Working...
                  X