Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wet Saw R4010

Has anyone used the new Tile Saw R4010?

How do you like it over the wts2000 model?

I am thinking of upgrading- any thoughts?
    Thanks!

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...0401019+501660

I just posted this at the end of tread but will bump it to here.

I bought the Ridgid R4010 and put it together last week. So far so good. Do not let looks hamper your opinion until you actually use the saw, things are not as they “seem”. Here is my opinion.

The assembly was a bear because the instructions are HORRIBLE. The assy steps are in the front of the manual, while the accompanying assembly diagrams are in the back of the manual. And to add insult to injury, the assy diagrams are about 1 ½ inches square, you need a magnifying glass to see them. So it is essentially useless and I threw the book aside.. I just used a parts diagram and figured assembly out for myself. Not impressed at all with the instructions. It took about an hour + / - to get it together. Big turnoff. This allowed buyers remorse to set in, but after I used the saw, it all went away.

The saw itself is very well thought-out. Ridgid really did their homework on this thing.
    The stand is a big improvement over the 2000. It’s lightweight, sturdy and is pretty ingenious on how it folds and unfolds, its action is very smoothe and easy. It is one-step and takes about 8 seconds to fold or unfold the saw. Slick.

I've been cutting a lot of big 3 CM granite with it, at max capacity, and the stand handles it (size and weight) with no problem. One of the pieces weighed at least 75 pounds. The stand also holds the saw at 2 levels. When the stand is closed, the saw will be held level at knee height, when unfolded, it raises the saw to standing height. I just think that the engineering on the stand is REALLY well done.

The new water system works great. It’s a nice improvement over the big tray on the 2000. MUCH more efficient. There is a water bucket and pump that sits under the platform that catches the water and recurculates. Water change-out is a piece of cake. The tray under the cutting area traps a lot of sediment and prevents it from getting in the water bucket reservoir, so the pump filter will stay cleaner longer. I hooked the hose to it and ran fresh water for a lot of cuts, and I kinda like that feature as well. There is also a small hose type thing on the side that you can spray water on your cuts to wash it off, like a mini-hose, before you put the cut piece in the side mounted tile bucket. neat. The extra plastic water guards really surround the right and front of the saw well, and should catch any overspray, but I didn't use them yet.

The slider system is very good as well. Easy and accurate. I don't see any true difference from the 2000 as far as support goes, it works well.

Now the main issue - POWER... Does it have the power? Yes it does...
    The physical size of the R4010 saw assembly is a bit smaller than the 2000, but produces the same power. The button layout is a bit different – and the laser button it better well placed. I think the 2000 laser adjustment was easier, but my laser is nuts on. I REALLY like the motor brake, it stops the blade almost immediately, it’s that fast.

One anomaly - My saw cut perfectly square out of the box- that never happened before.. But the cuts are pretty much perfect. As I said, so far so good...

Overall, I like the R4010 better than the 2000. My main reason is the portably of the unit. The R4010 is just plain easier to move around and setup. The Stand and Water system is a big improvement and makes the unit easy to use. It is quite a few pounds lighter that the 2000. The 2000 looks a lot beefier than the 4010 for sure. But, as my GF says, it’s not the size that matters; it’s how you use it. The R4010 stand is very strong and solid. As I said, I threw a lot of 3 CM granite at it, and it did not buckle the stand or have any power issues. It cut like a hot knife through butter. And the water system makes the saw much easier to use.

If you are thinking of getting the Ridgid R4010 Wet Saw, I highly recommend you give it a try. After you get over the initial look of the saw, it does look like a lightweight, you’ll find that the saw is very well engineered, has all the power and accuracy you could need, and, with the new stand and water management system, is a pleasure to setup and use.
    Last edited by Oakind; 06-28-2009, 12:09 PM.

Re: New Wet Saw R4010

I have the same question...

This web site shows WTS2000, which I assum is an old model? Home Depot web site shows R4010. They look different... Ridgid support line auto-sends me to the WTS2000 manufacturer and they know nothing about the R4010 saw which they say is made by someone else.

Anyone know who is making the 4010 saw? And how it compares to the WTS2000?

Update: My local HD stores have only the WTS2000L shown here on the web site... and one store claimed that this was a brand new saw a couple months ago... now even more questions than ever about WHICH RIDGID wet saw is the NEW model...
    Last edited by jscozz; 05-26-2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I am finding that the model WTS2000L was made by Chervon North America, Inc. Most of the other Ridgid power tools like the Woodworking tools are made by One World Technologies. The Tile Saw Model R4010 is a new model made by One World Technologies and carries the standard Ridgid lifetime service agreement warranty when registered. From the outside it both models look very similar except for the stand. The R4010 stand looks lighter and more portable than the WTS2000L. WTS2000L only carry a 3 year warranty vs the R4010 Lifetime. R4010 also has a Fresh water connect feature where you can connect the saw to a hose rather than using the pump. There are other minor additional features R4010 has which WTS2000L does not.

Comment

NSILVA, thanks for the info... where did you see only 3 year warranty on the 2000? The lifetime guarantee says it covers ALL powertools registered within 90 days or purchase... I see no place that the 2000 is excluded.

Comment

Originally posted by jscozz View Post
          NSILVA, thanks for the info... where did you see only 3 year warranty on the 2000? The lifetime guarantee says it covers ALL powertools registered within 90 days or purchase... I see no place that the 2000 is excluded.

http://www.ridgid.com/Download/Tile_Saw_Warranty.pdf

Comment

If you go to Support and Warranty and look at the power tools warranty it says the same thing... 90dy/3yr, but they are all eligible for lifetime.

And I read the lifetime warranty document front to back thoroughly and it clearly states multiple times that it covers ALL portable and stationary power tools... and has NO exceptions stated.

So, based on this I bought one yesterday (WTS2000L)... and used it already... now to hear that it is not covered under lifetime? I still have seen nothing stated anywhere that it is not covered... only the docs that say all portable and stationary power tools ARE eligible for lifetime if registered and proof of purchase sent in within 90 days...

So, can someone from Ridgid tell me what the deal is here?

Comment

Originally posted by jscozz View Post
              I was under the impression that manufacturers cannot invalidate warranties due to lack of registration. Anyone know if this is correct?

Comment

I called Ridgid and for the WTS2000L model, the calls gets routed to Chervon North America, they conformed that the WTS2000L only carry a 3year warranty. You cannot register the WTS2000L online like the other Ridgid products. It looks like Most of the Ridgid products and most of the RYOBI products are made by One World Technologies except for the WTS2000L. The R4010 is a model One World Technologies came-up with to keep the tile saw business also to themselves.
                The R4010 service and warranty is handled by One World technologies. As with other Ridgid products made by them, they give you a lifetime warranty if you register. They also mentioned that you get the lifetime warranty only if you register.

When I compared both models closely, it looks like the WTS200oL is a more rugged and better made than the R4010 even though the warranty is 3Year vs Lifetime. Also the laser in the WTS2000L seems to be easier to calibrate than the R4010. I am not sure whether there are multiple water trays for the R4010, but the one on display at Home depot seems very shallow compared to the regular tile saw water trays.

I bought a WTS2000L just before the R4010 was released for a very good price of $540. It is still in the box and I was trying to decide whether I should return it and get the R4010 just to get the lifetime warranty. It will cost me an additional $175 to get the R4010 just for the warranty. I decided to keep my WTS2000L because of the additional cost and the ruggedness of WTS2000L. I hope I am making the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Smack View Post
                  I was under the impression that manufacturers cannot invalidate warranties due to lack of registration. Anyone know if this is correct?
                  You'll note that the LSA is a "Lifetime Service Agreement" or LLSA "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" and not a "Lifetime Warranty." I am sure some lawyer is behind that to make sure they don't get bitten by exactly the kind of thing you mention.

Comment

Your are correct Thanks for pointing out that there is a difference between a Warranty and a Service Agreement.

Comment

Still the point I am arguing is that the LSA legal document on this web site states multiple times: ALL PORTABLE AND STATIONARY POWER TOOLS ARE COVERED. Based on this I bought and used the tool. I have heard of people getting screwed for NOT reaidng the fine print... but never for READING the fine print and then finding out it was a misrepresentation of reality.

Comment

I had the 2000 tile saw for 2 months and took it back for a refund. It works OK, but I want the new version. The 2000 motor does not have a brake, the 4010 does. Also, ridgid went with a trayless water system on the new one. Water flows to a catch bucket and is pumped from there to the blade, therefore the 3 inch water tray is eliminated in leu of a piece of plastic that runs the water down to the catch bucket.

They also changed the stand to one similar to the one on the ts2400 table saw. The 2000 stand is a pain in the arse, although it is sturdy. My 2 gripes are the lack of motor brake on the 2000 and the stand hassle.

I should be getting the 4010 this weekend and will post my opinion.

Comment

I checked these out at HD today, let me tell you, I am very glad I got a TS2000, this new saw in all honesty, seems like crap. the cutting bed is not as robust feeling and doesn't roll half as good as the TS2000. Brake... who cares, never has bothered me not having one, and if its anything like the chop saw brakes, it wont last more than a year with someone who uses it regularly. The motor on the new one seems small compared to the TS2000 as well. Even though I like the water setup on the new one, I could very easily modify mine to do the same if not even better, and modifiying it to accept a hose is all of a few dollars of fittings. Ill take the heavy bahemoth that the TS2000 is anyday over the new saws... Its heavy because its build like a true contractor wetsaw. I use mine for 3-4 tile jobs a month, and I have had it a year, I wouldnt trade it for anything. Only thing I wish it had was a larger cutting area on the left side. I am tempted to have a steel arm made to replace the aluminum cast one that allows more area on the left side of the cutting table.

Comment

I bought the Ridgid R4010 and put it together last week. So far so good. Do not let looks hamper your opinion until you actually use the saw, thinks are not as they “seem”. Here is my opinion.

The assembly was a bear because the instructions are HORRIBLE. The assy steps are in the front of the manual, while the accompanying assembly diagrams are in the back of the manual. And to add insult to injury, the assy diagrams are about 1 ½ inches square, you need a magnifying glass to see them. So it is essentially useless and I threw the book aside.. I just used a parts diagram and figured assembly out for myself. Not impressed at all with the instructions. It took about an hour + / - to get it together. Big turnoff. This allowed buyers remorse to set in, but after I used the saw, it all went away.

The saw itself is very well thought-out. Ridgid really did their homework on this thing.
                            The stand is a big improvement over the 2000. It’s lightweight, sturdy and is pretty ingenious on how it folds and unfolds, its action is very smoothe and easy. It is one-step and takes about 8 seconds to fold or unfold the saw. Slick.

I've been cutting a lot of big 3 CM granite with it, at max capacity, and the stand handles it (size and weight) with no problem. One of the pieces weighed at least 75 pounds. The stand also holds the saw at 2 levels. When the stand is closed, the saw will be held level at knee height, when unfolded, it raises the saw to standing height. I just think that the engineering on the stand is REALLY well done.

The new water system works great. It’s a nice improvement over the big tray on the 2000. MUCH more efficient. There is a water bucket and pump that sits under the platform that catches the water and recurculates. Water change-out is a piece of cake. The tray under the cutting area traps a lot of sediment and prevents it from getting in the water bucket reservoir, so the pump filter will stay cleaner longer. I hooked the hose to it and ran fresh water for a lot of cuts, and I kinda like that feature as well. There is also a small hose type thing on the side that you can spray water on your cuts to wash it off, like a mini-hose, before you put the cut piece in the side mounted tile bucket. neat. The extra plastic water guards really surround the right and front of the saw well, and should catch any overspray, but I didn't use them yet.

The slider system is very good as well. Easy and accurate. I don't see any true difference from the 2000 as far as support goes, it works well.

Now the main issue - POWER... Does it have the power? Yes it does...
                            The physical size of the R4010 saw assembly is a bit smaller than the 2000, but produces the same power. The button layout is a bit different – and the laser button it better well placed. I think the 2000 laser adjustment was easier, but my laser is nuts on. I REALLY like the motor brake, it stops the blade almost immediately, it’s that fast.

One anomaly - My saw cut perfectly square out of the box- that never happened before.. But the cuts are pretty much perfect. As I said, so far so good...

Overall, I like the R4010 better than the 2000. My main reason is the portably of the unit. The R4010 is just plain easier to move around and setup. The Stand and Water system is a big improvement and makes the unit easy to use. It is quite a few pounds lighter that the 2000. The 2000 looks a lot beefier than the 4010 for sure. But, as my GF says, it’s not the size that matters; it’s how you use it. The R4010 stand is very strong and solid. As I said, I threw a lot of 3 CM granite at it, and it did not buckle the stand or have any power issues. It cut like a hot knife through butter. And the water system makes the saw much easier to use.

If you are thinking of getting the Ridgid R4010 Wet Saw, I highly recommend you give it a try. After you get over the initial look of the saw, it does look like a lightweight, you’ll find that the saw is very well engineered, has all the power and accuracy you could need, and, with the new stand and water management system, is a pleasure to setup and use.
                            Last edited by Oakind; 06-28-2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X