Where are all the R963 kits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the R963 kits?

I've searched the 3 HDs in my area and all they have are the R964, even though they all have the signage for the 5 piece X3 kits. Apparently the 2 kits have the same sku number so all the employees I ask don't know what's going on and tell me that "Ridgid dropped the work light and this [R964 kit] is what we carry now." Did all the kits get taken during the ultimate power deal or what? Are they being stocked in everyone else's neck of the woods?

Re: Where are all the R963 kits?

r964 is an old kit, not new

Comment

Apparently, all too many home depot employees that work the power tool section don't know this. It burns me up when i go to 3 seperate stores ready to give any one of them a large sum of money if only they had a product that should be stocked but is nowhere to be found and no one knows anything.

Comment

Nice lantern-style light in this kit, as well as the recip, impact and circular. Heck it's all good.

Grabbed a few back in Feb. for $399 CDN on sale at HD. Sold off some excess and got a bunch of free tools in exchange. I agree with your frustration, though, hard kit to find and the same SKU thing is stupid.

They had the new X3 drill kit on sale in Feb for $149 and sold all they could get in. Now they have the old X2 kit with the Nicad batts for the same price and they're dusty on the shelves.

Why buy old when you can get new for the same price?
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Success! I had to drive all the way across town, but that HD had 2 on the shelves. Great kit! I agree that the light is cool. I did replace the soft white bulb with a higher temperature (sunlight type) bulb, though; just a preference of mine. The impact is great! Its a little weird how the light intensity of the LED varies with trigger input, but it doesn't bug me. The circ saw is nice, but i cant decide if I like the right side cut or the left side cut of my older dewalt XRP better. Haven't used the drill yet. Recip saw is sweet! I know the quick blade change is standard across the board now, but it's a first for me! My old corded one needs an allen key.

Well worth the hassle of finding it in my area. I can't believe some of the HD guys telling me to buy the R964 kit! Less tool for the same amount of money? I would NOT settle for the older kit (at the same price, that is). Maybe if HD wised up and put the 964s on some super clearance price they would be able to push them instead of collecting dust. I can't help but think, however, that perhaps they choose not to order 963 kits to try and rid themselves of these older ones?

Comment

Working...
          X