X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help locating a 3300 PSI power washer

Can someone help me out? I’m looking to buy a 3300 PSI power washer. HD list’s only one on their website (RD80905) which is the CA model. HD put all the 3300’s on clearance (RD80763, SKU 568754) and sold them all out in early 09. Now the SKU is NOT in their system. I looked at HDs in 5 states.

This year’s model (RD80702, SKU 704925) isn’t on HD’s web site. HD CS finally said it is in-stores only. In many stores they tell me that the SKU isn’t active. Ridgid’s CS tells me HD has thousands. I have hours calling Ridgid, Home Depot, visiting stores and many unanswered emails. HD tells me they are NOT selling Ridgid’s 3300 PSI power washer anymore. They say the clearance of the SKU and the SKU isn’t in their system anymore. They point me to the DeWalts. Ridgid tells me HD is still selling the 3300s and after some coaxing gave me the SKUs. They say for some reason HD changed the SKU on the new 3300s and this isn’t normal.

I am ready to give up and buy a Dewalt. I cannot believe that I can't get to the bottom of this and buy a Ridgid 3300 PSI power washer. Looking for any suggestions. I’ll start a new thread on is the 3300 PSI really a big step up from the 3000 PSI.

Thanks for any input

Re: Need some help locating a 3300 PSI power washer

Looks like back in March 09, HD thought the 3300 was discontinued.
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...=15650&page=11

Comment

Went to another HD store hoping someone from HD would take the problem up the food chain. They just say HD isn't selling the Ridgid 3300 PSI power washers anymore and point me to the DeWalts.

Ridgid's decision to only allow Home Depot to sell their power washers makes this especially hard.

Can someone from Ridgid confirm that Ridgid 3300 pressure washer is NOT for sale anymore except in CA?

Comment

In the following HD, not too long ago, I think they still had one in the box (the 3300 psi - the model # you gave, not the new one). I've included the info and the link.

Home Depot
        4155 N Port Washington
        Milwaukee, WI 53212
        (414)263-1291

Comment

BHeintz - Thanks so much for the help. I called the HD you referenced, North Shore/Milwaukee, WI and they sold it a few weeks ago. They looked at the other stores and no one had any.

I'm starting to believe the 3300 PSI unit really IS discontinued and the only people that don't know that it has been discontinued is Ridgid.

Man, I wish I could find one.
          Last edited by JimMO; 06-02-2009, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Shoot. I know they had a few, for quite a while. I hope you're able to locate one.

Comment

I came across this a while ago. This was after I bought my washer. It looked like a helluva deal. While not a closeout like the Ridgid, it appears to have some nice specs at a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2700PSI-Gas-...3A1%7C294%3A30

Comment

I do agree that the design of the Ridgid pressure washers is one of its selling points (I think the design is awesome), but great units can be had with similar specs for similar $$$ from other places. Unless some of you are diehard Ridgid fans I'd say look in other directions. Later!

Comment

Shadow - I know you are right. Just hate the fact that units are sitting in a warehouse somewhere and I can’t buy one. Time to move on. Thanks everyone for their help/input.

I discovered a possible reason for the lack of information on the 2009, 3300 PSI model RD80702, SKU 704925. For completeness of the post I add it here.
                  The previous model was release in 2007, RD80763, SKU 568754. One difference is the new model may have a new Subaru Engine that can use 4-Cycle G-OIL green engine oil.

“4-Cycle G-OIL engine oil is an ultimate biodegrabable oil derived from 100% renewable resources. Produced from extracts from the meat processing industry, G-OIL achieves performance comparable to synthetic oils, while maintaining an environmentally friendly non-toxic composition.”
                  The 4-Cycle engine oil be be available in the Fall. You'll probably see the new 3300 PSI Ridgid power washer in HD after the 4-Cycle oil is available.
                  Also, I didn't know Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd produces the Ridgid and Husky power washers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/press...09+PRN20090421
                  http://www.getg.com/products/product...=1&ProductID=1
                  Last edited by JimMO; 06-04-2009, 05:00 PM.

Comment

FYI.

I just saw the 3300 psi model at my local home depot in Huntsville, AL. They have 4 of them and the boxes are factory labeled "Special Buy". They are priced at 499.00. I did not take note of the SKU or the model number. I will if I go back.

Comment

Forgot to mention that I am pretty sure it was a 3 gpm unit, so that would make it this years model. What changed on the 3300 psig unit to make it rated at 3 gpm instead of 2.8 gpm like last years model?

Comment

It was the 2.8 gpm unit. I went ahead and bought one. I like it a lot. The engine is smooth and quiet. So far has started the first pull every time. I think I will get a hour meter/tach to mount on it somewhere to keep up with the run time better so I can do a better job of serviceing it.

Comment

Home depot is now selling 3300psi under model number Ridgid 80763 3300psi 499 price boxes marked special price

ebay is flooded with the 3000 units must be a model chage

the 80763 did not have asoap tank everthing else was pretty much standard

Comment

Originally posted by hodd0 View Post
                            Home depot is now selling 3300psi under model number Ridgid 80763 3300psi 499 price boxes marked special price

ebay is flooded with the 3000 units must be a model change

the 80763 did not have a soap tank everthing else was pretty much standard
                            nothing on the home depot web or ridgid site, wounder if they are dumping some model in the south to move to new Green machines for the left coast?

Comment

Working...
                            X