Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Will I see a big difference between the 3300 and 3000 PSI pressure washers Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I see a big difference between the 3300 and 3000 PSI pressure washers

Looking to replace an under power Sears 2300 PSI power washer. I really like the Ridgid tools. I wash my brothers, sisters, parent and some other relatives houses every year. I don’t mind using a brush on a expandable pole. Two of the houses are out in the country and get mold every year.. If I completely get the mold off on the house, it stays off the whole year. I can do this working off a 11’ A frame ladder and using the pressure washer wand close to the house. I wash the house after many days rain to loosen the dirt/mold, trying different soaps. SOme of the houses are tall 2 stories. I want the most powerful power washer I can afford and that is the 3300 PSI. Really like to work faster.

My question – Is their a big difference between the 3000 PSI and 3300 PSI units? Will I miss the 300 PSI? My gut says to get the 3300 PSI. For some reason I cannot buy the 3300 PSI unit at HD. I am working on this. See my other thread “Need some help locating a 3300 PSI power washer” if interested in my troubles.

Thanks for any input.

Re: Will I see a big difference between the 3300 and 3000 PSI pressure washers

FWIW, I was also looking at the 3300psi model, but settled for the 3000psi, since it was cheaper and also was available when I needed to buy it. The biggest concern I had was the pump, since in 2008, Ridgid had a CAT pump for the 3300 but an axial cam pump for the 3000. Since Ridgid upgraded their 2009 3000psi model to a CAT pump, that made the decision easier just to buy the 3000psi. It's a great machine at a fantastic price.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am giving it one last try to buy the 3300, then probably get a DeWalt. The 3000 is very tempting.

Comment

I just tried to search for pressure washers, and now I don't even see the DeWalt 3300 PSI pressure washers there, just some 3100 PSI ones. The 3000 PSI RIDGID is the only RIDGID model available at my store as well. Not sure if it helps any, though I saw Sams Club has a 4000 PSI washer built by Black Max. it's $999 so way more than I'd ever pay for a pressure washer, and the engine powering it is built by Honda (GX390) I think this is the same engine that powers RIDGID's 3800 PSI, can't find much info on what kind of pump is used in the Black Max.
        Last edited by wathman; 06-02-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I purchased the 3300 psi washer last year and am satisfied with the unit. I also installed a pressure gauge at the outlet connection so I can monitor the psi. Most of the time the pressure reading is 2700 to 2800psi. I have no idea what is it at the tip, which will vary on the type of tip I use. The point I am making is, the stated psi from the manufacturers is a bogus number. So in my opinion, I would not place so much importance on the 3300psi verus 3000psi unit, because of a slight difference in marketing hype . Buy a currently available unit with the best components you can afford.
          Last edited by phils; 06-02-2009, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Phils - Thanks so much for the reply/input. I've read most of your posts on the Ridgid power washers. I see the discussion where the CAT pump on the 3300 PSI unit is rated at 2800 PSI. I know that these ratings are NOT set to a standard so a 3000 PSI/2.6 GPM from one company probably doesn't have the same output as another brand’s 3000 PSI/2.6 GPM.

I think I am safe to use the numbers within the same manufacturer, compared the rating from one model to another. I have been buying Ridgid power tools because of the product and customer support. Really wanted to purchase a Ridgid power washer so I was comparing the Ridgid 3000 PSI/2.6 GPM to the 3300 PSI/2.8 GPM. I researched the CAT Triplex Plunger Pump with Ceramic Pistons and read a lot of good reviews of it.
            BTW, I was going to add the same Northern Tool gauge as I think you did.

Comment

Hi J-

Just a link to a pressure gauge in which you might be interested. I got this one for mine. I think it's great (stainless steel) and a reasonable price.

http://www.pressure-washer-parts.com/gauges.asp

Comment

Hi JimMo,
                I did purchase the gauge from Northern Tool, which has worked out fine. Also purchasing the ceramic rotating head from HD ($60) increases the psi substanially allowing me to clean concrete surfaces with ease, so much so that I need to be carefull not to degrade the surface. Let us know what unit you finally decide on.

Comment

IMHO a true 3000PSI is about all a homeowner is going to need, it will clean straight concrete walks and with a 0 deg tip possibly etch them even.

Now what many don't take into account is flow. Some of the high rated pumps actually flowed less water at 3000psi than the unit I settled on.

I find most that have problems cleaning around the house just aren't using the right 'tip'/setting.

I do want a turbo nozzle though, I borrowed one and it's nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X