X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DP1550 best bang for buck?

Cost is a factor, I was hoping to score a $150 Drill Press off Craigslist but many have either been benchtops or well 'abused' floor standers. There was a Delta 17" but a machine shop owned it for several years and replaced it with a very similar model so I could only imagine something may have been up.

I noticed the Ridgid DP1550 while reading up on assembling my table saw. Many reviews are really good (some not so).

I haven't seen anything about it recently. Most of my needs in the past have been putting new holes in automotive parts and brackets I have made (in iron/steel). I want to do some mortising and sanding as well.

I don't need it right away so if there are good sales during the year that would be great.

Re: DP1550 best bang for buck?

I have a feeling your best shot at a good deal on the Ridgid model will be if you are fortunate enough for it to be on sale on Black Friday. You just missed the big sale event of the year.

Comment

my local HD's don't have these on display but I was told they could order. What were the sale details?

Comment

The Details of this year's Ultimate Power Deal are Here:
        http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...35&postcount=4

Around March/April HD tends to have a promotion, where you buy more than $X of power tools, and they take something like 10-20% of $X off. So this if you spend $600, they take $150 off. If you spent $300, they took of $75.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
          The Details of this year's Ultimate Power Deal are Here:
          http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...35&postcount=4

Around March/April HD tends to have a promotion, where you buy more than $X of power tools, and they take something like 10-20% of $X off. So this if you spend $600, they take $150 off. If you spent $300, they took of $75.
          Looks like more like $25 off 300....I can get a 10% coupon

Comment

Originally posted by alkemyst View Post
            Looks like more like $25 off 300....I can get a 10% coupon
            Well it is $25 off $299, but if you buy a $1 box of nails for a nail gun to make it $300, you get $75 off. You can stack that 10% coupon too.

Comment

ahh I remember that deal. I bought my TS3660 right before that. The $1 box of nails was a crazy find. I didn't get that deal but I got my saw for $370 out the door.

Comment

Working...
              X