X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new blade vibration

I have a 13-year old compound miter saw and just replaced the blade with a 60-tooth Dewalt carbon-tip one. Now, I'm getting a disturbing vibration which my manual says is likely due to a damaged or warped blade. Is it common for a brand new blade to have a problem? Is there something else I should check? I'm kinda new at this, so don't be afraid to go basic on me.

Thanks.

Re: new blade vibration

that you still have the manual for a 13Yo saw is prety good.

Try another blade if its still doing it the saws berring might need replacing.

Comment

Originally posted by kempsay View Post
      I have a 13-year old compound miter saw and just replaced the blade with a 60-tooth Dewalt carbon-tip one. Now, I'm getting a disturbing vibration which my manual says is likely due to a damaged or warped blade. Is it common for a brand new blade to have a problem? Is there something else I should check? I'm kinda new at this, so don't be afraid to go basic on me.

Thanks.
      make sure the blade sits properly on the arbor, i.e if there is a bevel on a washer, make sure the blade is on it.

Comment

Thanks for the tip -- already tried that and it seems to be sitting pretty.

Comment

It's definitely possible to get a defective blade or a blade that was mishandled somewhere along the way. I'd exchange it. DeWalt does make some really nice blades, but I find their construction series to be unsuitable for precision furniture work.

Comment

Working...
          X