X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Question

I have the 16 gal shop vac and am looking for a toggle switch and intructions for replacing it. Is it a special switch or is it a common item from the hardware or? I'm going to love this site! Almost everything I have is Rigid and I've had them for years.

Also, I have a Rigid 18v hammer drill that the trigger went out on. The drill is about 6-7 years old. Is there a rebuild kit available? Brushes, bearings etc? And perhaps some instructions?

Thank you gentlemen!

Steve

Re: Part Question

Welcome Steve. I suggest you link over to www.ridgid.com and look up the nearest Authorized Ridgid Service Center to you. They should be able to provide you with the parts you need. Click on "Support" at the top of the page and from there you can look up the service centers.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks Dave! I'm guessing you can't get them online?

Steve

Comment

Steve

What's the model of your hammer drill? There may be an owner's manual and/or parts list available as a .PDF file.

Comment

R841150

Comment

here are the parts lists (not sure why there are 2 lists):

http://ridgid.com/Tools/Support/?war...e=Parts+Manual
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Not knowing the model number of your 16-gal vac, I can't answer whether the switch is generic. However, on my older 12-gal Ridgid vac, it is a simple toggle switch and on my latest 4 gal, it appears to be a standard rocker switch. However, since I haven't taken either of these apart to examine, I don't know about the methods used for mounting. Normally toggle switches are held in position with a simple ring nut and rocker switches are attached normally by either two screws or a clip. But, I'd check with your nearest Ridgid service center as they may well be covered under the Ridgid Vac's "Lifetime Warranty"... which covers defects in material and workmanship (don't know if that covers switches too.)

Trigger mechanisms, as in your 18-Volt drill are a bit more elaborate, as they usually incorporate a speed control somewhere in the mechanism or are wired back to a speed control circuit board. I think I would leave that kind of problem to the service center.

The drill is covered under TTI's 3-year warranty, unless you've gone through the registration process for coverage under the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
              X