Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R82007 torque vs Makita 10.8V

Hi,

I'm new on this forum and I actualy have a dilema. I'm not sure if I should get the Ridgid R82007 drill or the Makita DF330DW 10.8V. The Makita have more torque on paper (as per specification) but this review ( http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/indus...84891&artnum=3 )tells that the Ridgid have more torque!?

I prefer the Makita for the two speed options and the higher torque but, if in fact the Ridgid have more torque, the Ridgid is more interesting for the power.

So my question is: did you try both of them and do you know wich one is the best and have more versatility?

Regards,

Snooze!

Re: R82007 torque vs Makita 10.8V

Makita has less torque, used both.

Personally, I'd wait for Milwaukee one (it already exists but not for sale yet) or get Bosch PS30.

Comment

So Makita is wrong in their specifications or the Ridgid is more powerfull than their specs??

Comment

Specs on paper don't mean much because everyone tests differently. I have the Makita and it's ok. Quite honestly I wouldn't worry about which has the most torque. These drivers are for very light work and most of the good brands should get the job done. If you need to push them to their limit you need a bigger driver. Choose based on the one the feels better and also consider tool selection. You might want to get more 10.8/12v tools later so choose a brand that has a selection you might want.

Comment

Ridgid has a newer model now that has two speeds that comes in a kit with a LED flashlight. The model number is R82008. I bought the R82007 for my wife but since I was always using it she bought me the R82008. I find myself using the little thing more than I ever thought I would, both because its convenient and it usually is powerful enough to handle everyday fastening and with the high speed drilling isn't usually a problem either.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
            Specs on paper don't mean much because everyone tests differently. I have the Makita and it's ok. Quite honestly I wouldn't worry about which has the most torque. These drivers are for very light work and most of the good brands should get the job done. If you need to push them to their limit you need a bigger driver. Choose based on the one the feels better and also consider tool selection. You might want to get more 10.8/12v tools later so choose a brand that has a selection you might want.
            I personally do not like buying tools from out of U.S.A. but had to try the ryobi litheum tools and am very pleased. I purchased a kit with 2 battries, circ saw, recip saw, flashlight charger and srill plus a great case for around 255.00 at home depot. All worked great and cannot believe the pover,and how well the battries last. I have beat up one drill preattly heavilly and it still works great. saws cut whatever I ask them to. Also older roybi tools battries can be used on these tools.

Comment

Now I'm more confused... I prefer the Makita 10.8V but if it's less powerfull, that's not what I'm looking for. To be honest, the Makita shall be enough my actual need (home usage), but I don't want to buy an other drill in 2 years if this one is not enough.

I'm looking to the Makita 14.4V (same range of price, still a small drill and more powerfull) but I don't know if it's a good product. Should I buy a small Makita 10.8V and buy a cord drill for more heavy stuff.

Again, that's for home usage. I want to be able to do outside woodworking stuff and some metal job (1/4'' hole in a 1/8'' aluminium housing).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank all,

Snooze

Comment

I have the makita 10.8V kit and everyone that tries them likes them better than their milwaukee or bosch. Maybe its the weight and balance or just the design of the handle. I would recommend them to anyone.

Comment

I have the Makita and love it. I have the combo kit. Also have the Milwaukee 12v its nice too but I prefer the Makita. But if you ned something with more power the 18v Makita is not much bigger or heavier.

Comment

If it's for occasional use/homeowner, with the possibility of the occasional big task (deck, kitchen upgrade, or other similar), forget the 10.8/12v, and go for the 18 volt. A little heavier, but for occasional use, who cares. If needed for major tasks, it will be up to the job. Also, most 18 volt lines have a larger variety of tools that accept the same battery if you want to expand.

Comment

I just saw a combo kit of Hitachi at a great price (150CAD)... it's the DS10DFL and the impact. I guess with these two I could have the power and the versatility. What do you think of this kit? Is the drill can be compare to the Makita?

That's the kit:

KC10DFL 12V Peak 1.5Ah Lithium Ion Micro Driver Drill & Impact Driver Combo Kit

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/sto...h=1,2,312,p679,

Thank for your help!

Comment

I personally wouldn't buy one of these small 12V drill/drivers unless its to compliment a bigger drill, and you use drills/screwguns a lot. You pay a premium for these things to be so small, so a slightly larger drill will probably be a better value.

Personally, I would buy one of the new 18V lithium-ion Makita or Ryobi drills. They're pretty small, and surprisingly almost as light as those micro-drivers, and will do better for actual drilling. Considering the Ridgid one runs $130, and the makitas are $149 or $169, I would get this drill:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...01461+10231010

Same price range, and its surprisingly light and small for an 18V drill, and the batteries can be used on any Ryobi one(r) 18V tools, like saws, lights, radio, etc, etc. That drill will do most drilling, even hole saws through sheetmetal.

Comment

I also vote for the 18v tools as well unless you are going to be working on things that are in small, cramped spaces. Makita's 18v equipment is light and sturdy. Milwaukee is nice too especially since they have a half size battery available if weight and size are an issue for a small job.

I was in Lowes the other day and saw that they are advertising new Lithium Ion tools from Porter Cable... anyone have any thoughts on these yet?

Comment

Working...
                          X