X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobsite Saw R4516

Does the new Rigid R4516 Jobsite Saw come with legs, or do we need to put it on a table to use it?

Re: Jobsite Saw R4516

R4516 spec page.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have read the spec sheet and still cannot determine if there are legs that are an integral part of the R4516 that allow the saw to stand on its own. Does the saw come with leg support similar to the Ryobi BTS21?

Comment

the units i have seen @ HD do not have leg sets. seeing the saw up close, if you don't like working on the ground, some form of support is needed.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

No, the R4516 does not come with a leg set. It's main attraction is that it is light-weight, easy to pick-up and transport in the back of your vehicle. You with need either a sawhorse-type set-up or other portable bench.

I'm presently looking for a lightweight, portable saw and IMHO, I didn't particularly like the R4516 (Craftsman has the same model in red and black instead of orange). The price is nice and certainly Ridgid's LLSA is attractive (for me anyway); but, I didn't like the one I saw on display at my local Home Depot. Fence was off by at least an 1/8" and the bevel adjustment caused the blade to just flop over when I released the lock tab. Something may well be broken, but otherwise the tool didn't seem all that attractive with those problems.

At present, I'm considering the Ryobi BTS21. I wish it had a service plan and warranty closer to Ridgid's, but otherwise it seemed like it offered considerably more features and was $50 less.

The Craftsman equivalent to the R4516, costs more and the one-year warranty is no where close to competitive, IMO.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
          X