Problems and Service R963 Lithium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems and Service R963 Lithium

We mostly talk about the negitives with Ridgid and their customer service. Even I am at fault for this. But this time I wanted to take a moment to talk about great customer service that I recieved from Ridgid.

I had a 5 pc 18v tool set that was about 4 years old. While building my deck this weekend the drill chuck broke, a battery gave out, and a circular saw caught fire. I couldn't believe it. I am a home owner and barely ever use my tools. This is my 2nd big project with these tools. 1st remodeling a basement 3 years ago and now building a deck.

I contacted HD who was no help to me other than to refer me to the rep. The rep on the other hand was fantastic. He met me at the local HD and exchanged my tools that were 4 year old nicads with a brand new 5 pc lithium x3 right off the shelf.

I was amazed. Never in my life have I recieved such great customer service. Thanks Ridgid and thanks Joel.

Re: Problems and Service R963 Lithium

Originally posted by firefighter5143 View Post
    We mostly talk about the negitives with Ridgid and their customer service. Even I am at fault for this. But this time I wanted to take a moment to talk about great customer service that I recieved from Ridgid.

I had a 5 pc 18v tool set that was about 4 years old. While building my deck this weekend the drill chuck broke, a battery gave out, and a circular saw caught fire. I couldn't believe it. I am a home owner and barely ever use my tools. This is my 2nd big project with these tools. 1st remodeling a basement 3 years ago and now building a deck.

I contacted HD who was no help to me other than to refer me to the rep. The rep on the other hand was fantastic. He met me at the local HD and exchanged my tools that were 4 year old nicads with a brand new 5 pc lithium x3 right off the shelf.

I was amazed. Never in my life have I recieved such great customer service. Thanks Ridgid and thanks Joel.
    I think all cust. service reps should be trained to do the same things, no matter what it is. You shouln't have one guy give you the world and one give you nothing. I'll bet that post will piss someone off that got little compensation.

Comment

So what your saying is it's ok to bad mouth Ridgid and HD when we have a problem, but when we have a positive experience we are not allowed to talk about for fear someone might be mad? That is the dumbest thing i've heard in a long time.

Comment

I really don't think that's what pesciwasp was trying to say but I agree with you 100%. What I think he was inferring was that there will most certainly be someone who'll chime in with a............. "Oh yeah, well let me tell you how they screwed me over"..........

When a company, any company, does a good job they should be praised just as readily as they are condemned when they don't.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Impressive. Nice to hear.

Comment

I think thats a great story. You know I've found that dealing directly with the manufacturers has been an exellent way to get problems solved Recently I had a inner tube blow out on a hand truck made by Millwakee and I contacted them via email because I couldnt find anyone in my area that sold replacement tubes. Not even the place that sold the damn thing to begin with(home depot) So their rep sent me (2) complete brand new wheels. I also had a simular exp with Jackson tools and they send me a new solid core tire so I didnt have to worry about blowouts anymore. From now on when I have a problem with a tool Ill contact the manufacturer directly and no more getting stone walled by the retailer or dealing with dumb as rock employees from place like (HD)

Comment

whenever i have contacted a manufacturer about their product, i have invariably been dealt with in a satisfactory manner. ridgid has never failed to satisfy a reasonable request and that is why they are my primary choice in all manner of tools.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Why do you think many products these days have a separate piece of paper in the box that says, please contact us with any issues before you return it the retailer.

Places like HD do not warranty anything. They give you 90 days satisfaction. If you return the product for a legitimate reason then most of the time the vendor's will issue some type of credit. For someone like Firefighter5143 who was ignorant enough to take his tools back to HD after 4 years of use and abuse... in my opinion, just got lucky. It's not HD's obligation to take care of you indefinitely after each purchase.

Had Firefighter5143 gone through the appropriate channel, and contacted the local service center, and has his tools repaired.. we probably would not be sitting here talking about your super experience. Your just gloating because some rep was stupid enough to swap you out!

Comment

Wow, that was harsh!

I think that you mis-read his post. He simply contacted HD and was directed to the rep.

Calm down, it will result in a longer happier life. If this situation had been presented to you or anyone else for that matter, you would have probably taken the deal as well.

I say congratulations and enjoy your new set. I have one and I love it.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
                    "ignorant enough to take his tools back to HD after 4 years of use and abuse..." "Your just gloating because some rep was stupid enough to swap you out!"
                    I did not start this thread to critize or gloat. Instead I started this thread to say what a good experience I had. Had I just said "I had a great experience" people like you would ask me "why did I have a good experience" and then add some "ignorant" insult to go along with it.

Second I did not take my tools to hd or rely on HD to provide me with service, read carfully "I contacted hd" Had hd said call Ridgid customer service or call this repair center I would have done that.

The point of forums is to provide information to people so that we can use it to form our own opinions on what products to buy, how to get service, or even how to use our products. Complaining or trying to pick a fight because I had a good experience is dumb and makes people not want to participate in forums. I think everyone here will agree with me. Think twice about your posting next time!!! Remember "Anger is only one letter away from DANGER"

Comment

Thanks Kev Dog for the reply.

I used the tools for the first time last night finishing up my deck. The new lithium battieries are clearly more powerful than the old 2.5 nicad. And I really like the new light. Are you using the standard cfl that came with it? Any idea how long the light lasts on a signle charge?

Comment

Thanks for letting everyone know that you need to contact HD, so they can then point you in the right direction... Why not use this Forum first? I think it's because you were hoping to take HD for a ride!

Think about it...

Comment

I think it is completly reasonable to contact HD. If I didn't want after the sale service I would have bought my tools online.

I have no problem calling a place that I spend my hard earned money at and asking for service. You act as if I commited a sin calling HD. I'm not quite sure what ur problem is or why u r being so negitive but lighten up.

Comment

I don't understand why you would contact HD first? You have been a member here since 2007!

Am I the only one here that see's a problem?!?!

Your the problem! It's people like you who abuse the system, and make tools more expensive for the rest of us!

You have all the necessary tools here you need to contact Ridgid. You know their warranty, you know HD's policy! Yet you hop on here, make it obvious to the rest of us that you abuse the system! Then you have the balls to rip on me about it!

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter5143 View Post
                              So what your saying is it's ok to bad mouth Ridgid and HD when we have a problem, but when we have a positive experience we are not allowed to talk about for fear someone might be mad? That is the dumbest thing i've heard in a long time.
                              no thats not what im saying. its awesome that people post the good stuff. I hate that people only ***** about bad things. Ive had only positive dealings with cust. service and posted those as well. I was merely pointing out that some people get better managers of stores who will do anything and some dont, i just wish they had a standard. Your kind of defensive and critical.

Comment

Working...
                              X