Pressure Washer Pump Oil s??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer Pump Oil s??

Does anyone know are all pump oils the same? I have 2 general pumps and one AR,,A local guy that builds them and does repairs on them told me to use straight weight non detergent oil in all of them but iv read different that it should be non detergent hydrolic fluid,,anybody got the scoop on this??thanks much ahead for any responses,,,,jim

Re: Pressure Washer Pump Oil s??

My brother has a carpet maint. business and he used CAT pump oil exclusively and even with over 190* water going through it no breakdowns after 17 years. HD has it for $9/ bottle in the mower section. Special blend of hydraulic and non detergent oil, synthetic blend. I have used turbo-diesel rated shell 5w-50 synthetic and it does not foam. I also use that in my air compressors. I would check with the manufacturer on the specs. if you want to be sure.

Comment

go to thier website and check. i believe it's 30wt. non detergent.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Not to read to far into it but by chance does Cat,General,AR ect have there own specific blends for there pumps?..Im going to run down and pick some from HD in the AM its got to be close enough,,thanks again for the responses

Comment

Originally posted by jimcaf View Post
          Not to read to far into it but by chance does Cat,General,AR ect have there own specific blends for there pumps?..Im going to run down and pick some from HD in the AM its got to be close enough,,thanks again for the responses
          cat does have their own blend.

i know that general and a/r sell their own, but any non detergent 30 wt. will work fine as that's what's stamped on my pumps. i have a couple large volume generals and an a/r i use for jetting and that's all i change it with every 50 hours.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X