X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cordless Drill recommendations

I like Milwaukee and Makita as well but Dewalt does have the best right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim
      That statement is simply not true. The DeWalt drills mentioned generate only 450 in. lbs. of torque @ 2,000 rpm. The Milwaukee M18 High Performance Hammer Drill (2611-24) delivers 650 in. lbs of torque @ 1,800 rpm, but it's the torque that counts when it comes to power. To match Milwaukee's power you would have to go to a 28V DC910 DeWalt. Even the regular M18 (2602-20) delivers 550 in. Lbs. of torque. I know that everyone has their own preference. Just get the facts straight before bragging on yours. Milwaukee has always been the standard in the trades and after 35 yrs. in the trade, Milwaukee is my choice.
      Don't know who is right-you or velspian and really don't care-you two hash that out. But I wonder how much torque is really needed? My drill was years old(still on original batteries JC) and never did I say "I need more torque". I think it's like having a torque setting that goes up to 11.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I agree with Velosapien. The Dewalt is the best right now hands down

Comment

Dewalt cordless drill .. is the choice.. the quality is very good..
          rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

There is no "best" 18v drill. The best one is which one you prefer out of the group. I prefer Makita because of the many tools that they have and how light all of their tools have become. There are tests that show each one is better than the next...so take reviews with a grain of salt.

Comment

When it comes down to it go with whichever one has the best, and the best deal on, BATTERIES! They are the real driving cost in my experience.

Comment

My boss and a co-worker had the Makita kits and were always getting their chargers and batt. mixed up.So since I didn't want to join that mess I went with DeWalt.Main thing I tell our guys is to stick with one brand so your batt interchange.
                I think the best bang for the buck would be Ryobie

Comment

Ryobi has a great selection of tools, and was smart enough to even make their NiCads and Lithium Ion batteries interchangeable. You just have to be able to stomach the ugliness of their newer lime green tools

DeWalt also has excellent battery compatibility, and a wide selection of tools.
                  Craftsman and Porter Cable are also decent product lines with lots of tools and a fair price as DeWalt tends to have a premium price.

And don't forget Ridgid of course, Solid selection, though they really should offer some more options like the competition.

Comment

Working...
                  X